Assignment 1 – Memory
This assignment will help you to Identify processes involved in the encoding, storage, and retrieval of information and how these processes impact your memory.
You are going to evaluate your study strategies based on your knowledge of memory including effective encoding strategies, storage strategies, and efficient retrieval strategies.
Answer the following questions in complete sentences:
1a. Define the process of encoding using a definition from your textbook (2 pt).
1b. Explain why you need the encoding process to remember class material (2 pt).
1c. Select one of the encoding strategies listed below (and explained in your textbook) that you would like to use to improve your memory. Define this strategy and specifically explain how you would use this strategy in your classes/study time for better memory. (2 pt)
Encoding strategiessemantic encodingvisual imagery encodingorganizational encoding
2a. Define the process of storage using the definition from your textbook (2 pt) and describe the types of memory stores (2 pt).
2b. Explain why you need the storage process to remember class material. (2 pt)
2c. Select one of the storage strategies listed below (and explained in your textbook) that you would like to use to improve your memory. Define this strategy and specifically explain how you would use this strategy in your classes/study time for better memory. (2 pt)
3a. Define the process of retrieval using the definition provided in your textbook. (2 pt)
3b. Explain why you need the retrieval process to remember class material. (2 pt)
3c. Select one of the retrieval strategies listed below (and explained in your textbook) that you would like to use to improve your memory. Define this strategy and specifically explain how you would use this strategy in your classes/study time for better memory. (2 pt)
Retrieval strategiesencoding specificity principlestate dependent retrievalsleep (p. 173)
Please number your answers as indicated above so that it is clear which questions you are answering. Type your answers, save your work in a .doc or .docx format. Select the Submit Assignment button (top right of screen) and attach your file.
Since this assignment requires direct quotes (of definitions) from your textbook you will need to use quotation marks, in-text citations and a full reference list.
For extra credit, you may submit current outside examples of concepts covered in the course. You may submit one extra credit prior to each exam for a total of 3 current events.
These outside examples of concepts covered in class can be recent cartoons, newspaper articles, song lyrics, something that happened in a movie or on a TV show, etc.
For each entry, you need to:
- Describe the outside concept. This may involve posting a web link to an article or cartoon or simply a description of the TV show or news item.
- Explain how this relates to a concept in class including defining the psychological terms. Entries that do not sufficiently explain how the example relates to class will not receive full credit. (E.g. posting a link and saying “This site talks about parts of the brain” is not sufficient). Make sure you cite your textbook!
Assignment 3 – Lifespan Development
After completing this assignment students will be able to describe the physical, mental, emotional and social changes people experience throughout the lifespan – from conception until death.
For this assignment you will be “creating” a person. You will choose a gender and name your person. You will then discuss, in essay format, changes that your person will experience throughout the lifespan – from conception until death. For example, if the person you create is Jane, you might explain teratogens and discuss how specific teratogens were a danger to Jane while in the womb. You might move on to explain object permanence and discuss how Jane would experience it.
Choose at least 2 concepts from each stage of development (prenatal/infancy, childhood, adolescence and adulthood).
Examples of concepts include (but aren’t limited to):
- Prenatal Stages
- Motor Development
- Object Permanence
- Piaget’s Stages of Cognitive Development
- Kohlberg’s Stages of Moral Development
- Cognitive Decline
- Marital Satisfaction
For each of the concepts you choose, you will need to:
- Write a 1-3 sentence summary that explains the concept (9 points).
- Write a 1-3 sentence summary that explains how your person would experience the concept (9 points)
You will need to write in essay format for this assignment. The following format should be used for this assignment and is worth 2 points:
- Introduction paragraph (at least 3 sentences): Includes an introduction of lifespan development.
- Paragraph 1 (4-12 sentences total for 2 concepts): Summary explaining the concepts of prenatal/infancy.
- Paragraph 2 ( 4-12 sentences total for 2 concepts): Summary explaining the concepts of childhood.
- Paragraph 3 ( 4-12 sentences total for 2 concepts): Summary explaining the concepts of adolescence.
- Paragraph 4 ( 4-12 sentences total for 2 concepts): Summary explaining the concepts of adulthood.
- Conclusion paragraph (at least 3 sentences): A summary of the concepts that you covered in your paper.
Are you looking for custom essay writing service or even dissertation writing services? Just request for our write my paper service, and we\'ll match you with the best essay writer in your subject! With an exceptional team of professional academic experts in a wide range of subjects, we can guarantee you an unrivaled quality of custom-written papers.
Why Hire Collepals.com writers to do your paper?
Quality- We are experienced and have access to ample research materials.
We write plagiarism Free Content
Confidential- We never share or sell your personal information to third parties.
Support-Chat with us today! We are always waiting to answer all your questions.