Research Presentation & Outline
- Conduct quality research on the topic and present that research. A good topic of choice will feature at least five professional sources from the ERAU Hunt Library database (https://huntlibrary.erau.edu). Unbiased articles and academic studies are best. Examples are scholarly periodicals, journals, books, research forums, and Internet periodicals by reputable organizations. You may also use reputable news media (Newsweek, Time, government publications, and web sites), but these do not count toward your total references requirement (five required). Do not use encyclopedias, dictionaries, Wikipedia, and popular forums or Internet web sites
- Your presentation must follow this outline:
- Title Slide – This first slide must include the presentation title, your full name, and the date.
- Body Slide- The next slides will contain an explanation and summary of both sides of the issue. Use your research to objectively (your opinion will come later) present the facts and opinions of both sides fairly. In your slides, cite (current APA format) the research you use, including citations. Your explanation and summaries should be in-depth, thus taking up several slides (should be 3+ slides). Use the notes section of the slide if you feel the slides are becoming crowded with too much text. Relate any principles, concepts, or information from your textbook into your presentation.
- Reference Slide – This next slide must list all sources in the current APA format.
- Opinion Slide – This next slide is your opinion. Present your own opinion about the controversy. You must explain why you believe what you do. Also, tie your opinion to one or more of the ethical approaches discussed in the textbook. State this ethical approach on the slide and explain why the approach is the right. Ex. “Utilitarian approach” focuses on consequences of abortion, more infant deaths vs. reduced back-alley deaths; deontology approach, does a fetus have rights vs. rights of mother; etc. Use the text or another professional source to support your stance. Be sure to properly cite your sources accordingly.
- Conclusion and Discussion Questions Slide – Provide a summary of your presentation and close your presentation with three discussion questions about the topic. Think about these questions. Your questions must be ethically challenging and tough. You want your questions to really invoke a great deal of discussion.
Phase 1: Select your presentation topic.
The Topic will be: (Vaccinations)
Presentation Issue/Question: Is it morally right to require all children in the
United States be vaccinated?
Phase 2: Complete your Outline paper.
Your outline is in the form of a written paper and should be at least 2 full pages in length (not
counting the title page and reference page) and should include the major points and arguments
you intend to include in your presentation.
Include an APA title page. See https://apastyle.apa.org/ for Sample Student Papers
Body: (1) begin with a summary of your topic and briefly explain the moral issues that you will
discuss in the presentation, (2) in another paragraph, discuss the research you will use to show
the “in favor” side of the debate. (3) in another paragraph, discuss the research you will use to
show the “against” side of the debate. (4) The last paragraph of your paper is to discuss your
opinion and which moral theory you will use to defend your position, e.g. utilitarianism or deontology. You can use other concepts or theories, but the defense should involve one of the two theories previously mentioned. Finally, provide a reference page showing all of your research in APA format, including the hanging indent. Your research should include 3–5 peer–reviewed journal articles. Be impartial when showing both sides and defend each side equally.
Phase 3: Create your narrated PowerPoints.
This is your PowerPoint Research Presentation. The information that you used for your paper
will now be used to create your PowerPoint slides (note the presentation must have narration).
Create your slides in advance. Save them to your computer. Use Studio to record your narration.
Be sure to save your presentation as an mp4 media file before uploading.
This is a 7–10 minute presentation, be cognizant of the time when recording (you can go under 7
minutes, but try not to go over more than a couple of minutes).
(I will record the narration by myself later then save it as mp4)
The class topics to discuss Week 8-9: 1. Virtue ethics. 2. Global poverty, injustice, violence, and war.
Attached some files that will help 🙂
Are you looking for custom essay writing service or even dissertation writing services? Just request for our write my paper service, and we\'ll match you with the best essay writer in your subject! With an exceptional team of professional academic experts in a wide range of subjects, we can guarantee you an unrivaled quality of custom-written papers.
Why Hire Collepals.com writers to do your paper?
Quality- We are experienced and have access to ample research materials.
We write plagiarism Free Content
Confidential- We never share or sell your personal information to third parties.
Support-Chat with us today! We are always waiting to answer all your questions.