Every 10 years, The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services and the Office of Disease Prevention and Health Promotion release information on health indicators, public health issues, and current trends. At the end of 2020, Healthy People 2030 was released to provide information for the next 10 years. Healthy People 2030 provides the most updated content when it comes to prioritizing public health issues; however, there are historical contents that offer a better understanding of some topics. Disaster preparedness is addressed in Healthy People 2030, but a more robust understanding of MAP-IT, triage, and recovery efforts is found in Healthy People 2020. For this reason, you will find references to both Healthy People 2020 and Healthy People 2030 in this course.Complete the following:
- Develop a disaster recovery plan for the Vila Health community that will lessen health disparities and improve access to services after a disaster. Refer back to the Vila Health: Disaster Recovery Scenario to understand the Vila Health community.
- Assess community needs.
- Consider resources, personnel, budget, and community makeup.
- Identify the people accountable for implementation of the plan and describe their roles.
- Focus on specific Healthy People 2020 goals and 2030 objectives.
- Include a timeline for the recovery effort.
- Apply the MAP-IT (Mobilize, Assess, Plan, Implement, Track) framework to guide the development of your plan:
- Mobilize collaborative partners.
- Assess community needs.
- Use the demographic data and specifics related to the disaster to identify the needs of the community and develop a recovery plan. Consider physical, emotional, cultural, and financial needs of the entire community.
- Include in your plan the equitable allocation of services for the diverse community.
- Apply the triage classification to provide a rationale for those who may have been injured during the train derailment. Provide support for your position.
- Include in your plan contact tracing of the homeless, disabled, displaced community members, migrant workers, and those who have hearing impairment or English as a second language in the event of severe tornadoes.
- Plan to lessen health disparities and improve access to services.
- Implement a plan to reach Healthy People 2020 goals and 2030 objectives.
- Track and trace-map community progress.
- Use the CDC’s Contract Tracing Resources for Health Departments as a template to create your contact tracing.
- Describe the plan for contact tracing during the disaster and recovery phase.
- Develop a slide presentation of your disaster recovery plan with an audio recording of you presenting your assessment of the Vila Health: Disaster Recovery Scenario for city officials and the disaster relief team. Be sure to also include speaker notes.
- Presentation Format and Length
You may use Microsoft PowerPoint (preferred) or other suitable presentation software to create your slides and add your voice-over along with speaker notes. If you elect to use an application other than PowerPoint, check with your instructor to avoid potential file compatibility issues.Be sure that your slide deck includes the following slides:
- Title slide.
- Recovery plan title.
- Your name.
- Course number and title.
- References (at the end of your presentation).
- Your slide deck should consist of 10-12 content slides plus title and references slides. Use the speaker’s notes section of each slide to develop your talking points and cite your sources as appropriate. Be sure to also include a transcript that matches your recorded voice-over. The transcript can be submitted on a separate Word document. Make sure to review the Microsoft PowerPoint tutorial for directions.The following resources will help you create and deliver an effective presentation:
- Record a Slide Show With Narration and Slide Timings.
- This Microsoft article provides steps for recording slide shows in different versions of PowerPoint, including steps for Windows, Mac, and online.
- Microsoft Office Software.
- This Campus page includes tip sheets and tutorials for Microsoft PowerPoint.
- PowerPoint Presentations Library Guide.
- This library guide provides links to PowerPoint and other presentation software resources.
- SoNHS Professional Presentation Guidelines [PPTX].
- This presentation, designed especially for the School of Nursing and Health Sciences, offers valuable tips and links, and is itself a PowerPoint template that can be used to create a presentation.
- Supporting Evidence
Cite at least three credible sources from peer-reviewed journals or professional industry publications within the past 5 years to support your plan.Graded Requirements
The requirements outlined below correspond to the grading criteria in the scoring guide, so be sure to address each point:
- Describe the determinants of health and the cultural, social, and economic barriers that impact safety, health, and recovery efforts in the community.
- Consider the interrelationships among these factors.
- Explain how your proposed disaster recovery plan will lessen health disparities and improve access to community services.
- Consider principles of social justice and cultural sensitivity with respect to ensuring health equity for individuals, families, and aggregates within the community.
- Explain how health and governmental policy impact disaster recovery efforts.
- Consider the implications for individuals, families, and aggregates within the community of legislation that includes, but is not limited to, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), the Robert T. Stafford Disaster Relief and Emergency Assistance Act, and the Disaster Recovery Reform Act (DRRA).
- Present specific, evidence-based strategies to overcome communication barriers and enhance interprofessional collaboration to improve the disaster recovery effort.
- Consider how your proposed strategies will affect members of the disaster relief team, individuals, families, and aggregates within the community.
- Include evidence to support your strategies.
- Organize content with clear purpose/goals and with relevant and evidence-based sources (published within 5 years).
- Slides are easy to read and error free. Detailed audio and speaker notes are provided. Audio is clear, organized, and professionally presented.
- Develop your presentation with a specific purpose and audience in mind.
- Adhere to scholarly and disciplinary writing standards and APA formatting requirements.
Are you looking for custom essay writing service or even dissertation writing services? Just request for our write my paper service, and we\'ll match you with the best essay writer in your subject! With an exceptional team of professional academic experts in a wide range of subjects, we can guarantee you an unrivaled quality of custom-written papers.
Why Hire Collepals.com writers to do your paper?
Quality- We are experienced and have access to ample research materials.
We write plagiarism Free Content
Confidential- We never share or sell your personal information to third parties.
Support-Chat with us today! We are always waiting to answer all your questions.