Discussion: Searching Databases
When you decide to purchase a new car, you first decide what is important to you. If mileage and dependability are the important factors, you will search for data focused more on these factors and less on color options and sound systems.
The same holds true when searching for research evidence to guide your clinical inquiry and professional decisions. Developing a formula for an answerable, researchable question that addresses your need will make the search process much more effective. One such formula is the PICO(T) format.
In this Discussion, you will transform a clinical inquiry into a searchable question in PICO(T) format, so you can search the electronic databases more effectively and efficiently. You will share this PICO(T) question and examine strategies you might use to increase the rigor and effectiveness of a database search on your PICO(T) question.
• Review the Resources and identify a clinical issue of interest that can form the basis of a clinical inquiry.
• Review the materials offering guidance on using databases, performing keyword searches, and developing PICO(T) questions provided in the Resources.
• Based on the clinical issue of interest and using keywords related to the clinical issue of interest, search at least two different databases in the Walden Library to identify at least four relevant peer-reviewed articles related to your clinical issue of interest. You should not be using systematic reviews for this assignment, select original research articles.
• Review the Resources for guidance and develop a PICO(T) question of interest to you for further study. It is suggested that an Intervention-type PICOT question be developed as these seem to work best for this course.
Walden Library recommends starting your search broadly with one concept or search word and adding more elements one at a time. Depending on your topic, the evidence will not necessarily address all the aspects of your PICO(T) question in one article. Select the most important concepts to search and find the best evidence available, even if that means assembling evidence from multiple articles.
• Nursing Research Page – databases and resources specifically for Nursing
• Evidence-Based Practice guide: Evidence Types
• Nursing and Health research videos, including a 15-minute introduction
• Get Help page, including Ask a Librarian service
• How do I find an article that reports on research that uses a specific methodology?
• How do I find original or primary research that analyzes empirical data?
• What is the Find at Walden button?
Post/Write an ESSAY
1. Brief description of your clinical issue of interest. This clinical issue will remain the same for the entire course and will be the basis for the development of your PICOT question. The clinical issue that we will use is “Early Autism Identification Across Race and Ethnic Groups in children under 3 years old/toddlers in the United States of America.” (journal – uploaded) Reference: Barger, B., Rice, C., Benevides, T., Salmon, A., Sanchez-Alvarez, S., & Crimmins, D. (2022). Are Developmental Monitoring and Screening Better Together for Early Autism Identification Across Race and Ethnic Groups? Journal of Autism & Developmental Disorders, 52(1), 203–218. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10803-021-04943-8
2. Describe your search results in terms of the number of articles returned on original research and how this changed as you added search terms using your Boolean operators.
3. Finally, explain strategies you might make to increase the rigor and effectiveness of a database search on your PICO(T) question. Be specific and provide examples.
***From now on, all my paper/s requested will have pediatrics as the center of discussion. This is until I said discontinue…All topics and discussions should be on the field of Pediatrics as I am in the pediatrics NP program now.
Are you looking for custom essay writing service or even dissertation writing services? Just request for our write my paper service, and we\'ll match you with the best essay writer in your subject! With an exceptional team of professional academic experts in a wide range of subjects, we can guarantee you an unrivaled quality of custom-written papers.
Why Hire Collepals.com writers to do your paper?
Quality- We are experienced and have access to ample research materials.
We write plagiarism Free Content
Confidential- We never share or sell your personal information to third parties.
Support-Chat with us today! We are always waiting to answer all your questions.