PLEASE REVIEW THE INSTRUCTIONS IN THE 1ST ATTACHED FILE AND USE THE 2ND FILE TITLED HEENT sample Soap Note” to do the assignment. Use the same information but do the necessary research to remove plagiarism. For the Diagnosis please put them in the order as this:
1. Allergic Rhinitis.
2. NSAID Toxicity
3. Nasal Foreign body
4. Acute Sinusitis
Kindly do research on each diagnosis above
Please provide answer to the questions below: You can be able to find some of the answers in the sample attached paper.
You recognize that simple pressure is not going to stop the nosebleed so you know that you will not have to intervene.
1. Prior to any type of procedure, you have the mother sign an informed consent for a procedures. What are the three major areas you must discuss when doing any type of procedure?
2. Nosebleeds can be divided into three groups. What are they?
3. 90% of nosebleeds fall into which group?
4. Name 4 indications for intervention by a provider for a nosebleed.
5. You place Branch on the exam table at approximately 45 degrees. You drape him appropriately. You have him blow his nose gently to remove clots. You then inspect the right side to familiarize yourself with his anatomy. You then inspect the left side using a nasal speculum. When using the nasal speculum, it is important to use it ______________ (HORIZONTALLY/VERTICALLY).
6. Why is it important to use the nasal speculum a certain way?
7. You note that the bleeding is coming from an area on the septum. You know that the next step is to apply a vasoconstrictive solution to the nose. What are two ways you can deliver the vasoconstrictive solution?
8. You note that the area that is the source of the bleeding is about 3 mm in diameter. You make the decision to use a silver nitrate stick. How long should you apply pressure with the stick?
9. Why it is it important not to use the silver nitrate for over that time frame?
10. After homeostasis is obtained, what are three types of treatment methods that can be used to protect the cauterization site?
11. If that had not stopped the bleeding and you had to make the decision to use a nasal sponge or nasal tampon, the sponge/tampon should be coated in _____________ and left in place for __________ hours.
12. After putting in the nasal sponge/tampon, approximately 2 ml of ________ or _______ should be dripped onto the tip to help the sponge expand.
`13. After placing the nasal sponge/tampon, the patient should be closely monitored for 3-5 minutes. Why is that?
14. After the close monitoring, the patient should be kept in observation status for ______ minutes.
15. If a sponge/tampon is used, it is not necessary to use antibiotics.
16. If it is necessary to pack the nose, it may be advisable to give the patient a narcotic or sedative medication (unless a contraindication exists). Why?
17. Name 5 complications of the above procedures.
18. After the procedure, you tell the pt and his mother that he can take acetaminophen for any pain/discomfort. Why is it important not to have him take ibuprofen?
19. What is the leading cause of nosebleeds in adolescents?
20. What CPT code would you use for the above procedure?
21. What is the definition of the above code?
Are you looking for custom essay writing service or even dissertation writing services? Just request for our write my paper service, and we\'ll match you with the best essay writer in your subject! With an exceptional team of professional academic experts in a wide range of subjects, we can guarantee you an unrivaled quality of custom-written papers.
Why Hire Collepals.com writers to do your paper?
Quality- We are experienced and have access to ample research materials.
We write plagiarism Free Content
Confidential- We never share or sell your personal information to third parties.
Support-Chat with us today! We are always waiting to answer all your questions.