you will conduct three interviews in Week 3 on the basis of the interview format described below. In Week 5, you will analyze the interview content
you will conduct three interviews in Week 3 on the basis of the interview format described below. In Week 5, you will analyze the interview content, support your analysis with a literature review, and submit your course project.
This week, for conducting interviews, identify three individuals who would be willing and have the time to speak with you, and schedule interviews with them. Plan ahead; do not procrastinate in securing individuals for this interview. Select individuals from different age groups and cultural backgrounds than your own. The three individuals should be from the following age groups:
Your task is to learn about each individual's sense of gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, and understanding of gender roles and the various forces and experiences that have shaped his or her beliefs and behaviors. You can ask questions on gender, gender-related development, and sexual topics. Note that this may be considered personal or private information, which not everyone is comfortable discussing openly and honestly. Be open to accepting information respectfully, especially if an individual has set limits to conversational topics.
For conducting the interviews, follow these guidelines:
- First, locate individuals whom you plan to interview. Call each of them or send a letter to each to make an appointment. Introduce yourself as a student of South University. Explain that you need to interview him or her as part of a class project.
- Conduct a one-on-one interview with each individual.
- Record each interview or take detailed notes. This will help in your analysis.
- Besides answers to the questions, record or note other relevant information shared as well as the mood of each interviewee during the interview process.
The interview format should be based on the following types of questions:
- Demographic questions: This is common in interviews and questionnaires. Typically, demographic questions include questions regarding age, gender, race or ethnicity, marital status, education level, career title (job), and the types of jobs held. Do not include questions that identify an individual, that is, questions regarding name, address, and relationship to you.
- Interview questions: Personal interview questions differ from a questionnaire or a survey in that they are much less structured. They are open ended and lead to a narrative of the normative and nonnormative life events of an individual. For the interview, you will need to ask four to five questions on various topics. However, be prepared to ask follow-up questions to further probe into the topic area, if needed.
- Topics: You can base your questions on the following topics:
- Examine gender identity across the life span.
- Identify issues expressed on gender constructs.
- Identify any sexism, stereotyping, or discrimination experienced.
- Examine culturally communicated gender concepts.
- Examine the issues of class and gender on each interviewee's development.
- Examine career expectations and any issues of gender stereotyping each interviewee may have experienced in his or her workplace.
- Discuss any sexual harassment concerns or experiences at each interviewee's workplace.
- Discuss cross-cultural issues in reference to the expression of gender traits.
Document the responses you receive during your interview sessions, with detailed notes and specific attention to what you might observe (nonverbal actions) during the interviews.
Prior to each interview, personally complete the questionnaire that you have prepared for the interviewees. Then, following the interviews, compare the participants' views with your own views and perspectives.
Create a summary report in an 8- to 10-page Microsoft Word document on the interviews, detailing the following information:
- List the interview questions asked.
- Describe the demographic information for each participant.
- Provide a summary of responses to questions.
- Describe any issues or relevant information regarding the interviews.
- Provide a comparison of your own responses against the interviewees'—what similarities did you find, and what connections to this course's theories and terminology have you constructed from this assignment?
Are you looking for custom essay writing service or even dissertation writing services? Just request for our write my paper service, and we\'ll match you with the best essay writer in your subject! With an exceptional team of professional academic experts in a wide range of subjects, we can guarantee you an unrivaled quality of custom-written papers.
Why Hire Collepals.com writers to do your paper?
Quality- We are experienced and have access to ample research materials.
We write plagiarism Free Content
Confidential- We never share or sell your personal information to third parties.
Support-Chat with us today! We are always waiting to answer all your questions.