A Comparison of the Legal Systems For this weeks assignment, you will evaluate criminal justice systems via the webpage Guide to International an
A Comparison of the Legal Systems
For this week’s assignment, you will evaluate criminal justice systems via the webpage Guide to International and Foreign Law Research (Links to an external site.). Across the globe, there are various types of law including civil law, Muslim law, common law, customary law, and mixed systems. To understand international law, we must evaluate the types of law and criminal justice systems in countries across the world.
In your paper
- Describe each type of law identified on the Guide to International and Foreign Law Research webpage.
- Provide examples of the countries that operate under the various types of legal systems.
- Evaluate how the court process in these countries differs from that of the United States.
- Analyze the types of legal and court systems.
- Describe the best system, in your opinion.
- Provide an explanation supporting your opinion.
- Must be at least four double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Writing Center (Links to an external site.).
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must use at least two credible sources in addition to the course text.
- The Scholarly, Peer Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources (Links to an external site.) table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
- Must document all sources in APA style as outlined in the Writing Center.
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Writing Center.
Reichel, P. L. (2018). Comparative criminal justice systems: A topical approach (7th ed.). Upper Saddle River, NJ: Pearson Education, Inc.
- Chapter 6: An International Perspective on Policing
- Chapter 7: An International Perspective on Courts
Interpol. (2015). Corruption (Links to an external site.). Retrieved from http://www.interpol.int/Crime-areas/Corruption/Corruption
- Law enforcement corruption is reviewed for its impact on political, social, and economical outcomes of devastation. The role of Interpol in combatting corruption is reviewed for all of their services and involvement in curbing corruption internationally.
Accessibility Statement does not exist.
University of South Carolina School of Law. Guide to International and Foreign Law Research (Links to an external site.). Retrieved from https://guides.law.sc.edu/c.php?g=315476&p=2108388
Bureau of Justice Statistics. (n.d.). International justice statistics (Links to an external site.). Retrieved from http://www.bjs.gov/content/ijs.cfm
- This web page contains information from the Bureau of Justice Statistics, Office of Justice Programs, including reports, statistics, publications, and links to other sites containing related information.
Are you looking for custom essay writing service or even dissertation writing services? Just request for our write my paper service, and we\'ll match you with the best essay writer in your subject! With an exceptional team of professional academic experts in a wide range of subjects, we can guarantee you an unrivaled quality of custom-written papers.
Why Hire Collepals.com writers to do your paper?
Quality- We are experienced and have access to ample research materials.
We write plagiarism Free Content
Confidential- We never share or sell your personal information to third parties.
Support-Chat with us today! We are always waiting to answer all your questions.