Point-of-Sale (POS) Attacks
Suppose you are an information security officer for a consulting firm that implements, secures, investigates, and supports POS for small and medium retail businesses.Read the article If You Shopped at These 16 Stores in the Last Year, Your Data Might Have Been Stolen. Choose two stores from the list and use the Strayer University Library to research the specific attack or breach.
Write a 3–5 page paper in which you:
- Summarize the selected attacks, providing details on the breaches' effects.
- Identify the common purpose of attacks on POS systems.
- Assess how and why these POS systems have become a prime target for hacking groups.
- Examine the forensics challenges that exist for investigations on POS systems.
- Integrate into the assignment at least three quality professional and/or academic resources, written within the past five years.
- Note: Wikipedia and similar websites do not qualify as quality resources.
- One of your resources may be the provided article.
This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards. For assistance and information, please refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course. Check with your professor for any additional instructions. Note the following:
- The preferred method is for your paper to be typed, double-spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
- Include a cover page containing the assignment title, your name, your professor's name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
- Include a source list page. Citations and references must follow SWS format. The source list page is not included in the required page length.
The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is:
- Assess the forensics challenges that exist for investigations.
Why Hire Collepals.com writers to do your paper?
Quality- We are experienced and have access to ample research materials.
We write plagiarism Free Content
Confidential- We never share or sell your personal information to third parties.
Support-Chat with us today! We are always waiting to answer all your questions.