Prepare a three-page memo to the Mayor-elect prioritizing ONE of these four initiatives as a global model.
Prepare a three-page memo to the Mayor-elect prioritizing ONE of these four initiatives as a global model. To support your recommendation, you should use the document, One New York, the 2021 Progress Report, and assigned course readings and case studies. Consulting outside resources is acceptable, but not necessary. As you prepare your memo, please include the following:
1) Identify and describe at least one technical/scientific issue integral to implementing your recommended initiative;
2) Identify and describe at least one financial/economic issue integral to implementing your recommended initiative;
3) Identify and describe at least one organizational management issue integral to implementing your recommended initiative; and
4) Identify and describe at least one government/public policy issue integral to implementing your recommended initiative.
Your options should be TWO other initiatives (from the list above). Remember to present each option (with pros and cons) in a way that demonstrates its viability, but ultimately shows why your recommended action is best. Your implementation section should include a timeline of concrete steps that will allow success to be measured. And although the memo is three pages rather than two, please follow the action memo format and style that we have used for our previous memos.
Building on Mayor Bloomberg’s PlaNYC, the de Blasio Administration and its One New York (OneNYC) plan established bold goals and specific targets for a strong, sustainable, resilient, and equitable city—800,000 people out of poverty by 2025, zero waste to landfills by 2030, elimination of long-term displacement from homes and jobs after future shock events by 2050, and much more. “Environmental and economic stability must go hand in hand and One New York is the blueprint to ensure they do,” said Mayor de Blasio.
As the director of the New York City Mayor’s Office of Long-Term Planning and Sustainability, Mayor-elect Adams has asked you to do the same. Specifically, he has asked you to review the original One New York
, as well as the 2021 Progress Report, to prioritize its guiding strategies (see One New York, pp. 5-6), and select one of the four original initiatives as a model for promoting sustainable development in the Adams Administration.
· Growth: Population growth, real estate development, job creation, and the strength of industry sectors.
· Equity: Fairness and equal access to assets, services, resources, and opportunities so that all New Yorkers can reach their full potential.
· Sustainability: Improving the lives of our residents and future generations by cutting greenhouse gas emissions, reducing waste, protecting air and water quality and conditions, cleaning brownfields, and enhancing public open spaces.
· Resiliency: The capacity of the city to withstand disruptive events, weather physical, economic, or social.
Adams has asked you to focus on one, rather than on all four, because he feels that an incremental approach may be more effective at this point than a comprehensive one, given the challenges of sustainable development and the prospect of limited federal funding to municipalities in this uncertain national political landscape.
Are you looking for custom essay writing service or even dissertation writing services? Just request for our write my paper service, and we\'ll match you with the best essay writer in your subject! With an exceptional team of professional academic experts in a wide range of subjects, we can guarantee you an unrivaled quality of custom-written papers.
Why Hire Collepals.com writers to do your paper?
Quality- We are experienced and have access to ample research materials.
We write plagiarism Free Content
Confidential- We never share or sell your personal information to third parties.
Support-Chat with us today! We are always waiting to answer all your questions.