NOTE:? This is a little different than what is described in video.?? Create one script that does two things.? It creates a bac
NOTE: This is a little different than what is described in video.
Create one script that does two things. It creates a backup of your directory or performs a security check to be sure the files have not been changed without you knowing.
Your script must do the following:
1) If the user indicates option 1 on the command line, it performs a backup of your home directory structure.
2) If the user indicates option 2 on the command line, to does a security check. The script checks if any files in a directory have changed (use sha1sum and diff). You will need to create a temporary file to hold the new data so you can compare the two. You code should also do the following:
- Create a maintenance log of who (username) and when (date) the hash checks were completed. Store the date and name in a file called maintenance. If the file already exists the code should append to the end.
- Make sure you check to be sure if you can read the file and you can write to it before doing it. If you can't print out an error.
- The script should print out the name of the file(s) that changed and its old and new hash.
- Prove that your code works:
- Show maintenance log
- Show all conditions including error conditions working
Are you looking for custom essay writing service or even dissertation writing services? Just request for our write my paper service, and we\'ll match you with the best essay writer in your subject! With an exceptional team of professional academic experts in a wide range of subjects, we can guarantee you an unrivaled quality of custom-written papers.
Why Hire Collepals.com writers to do your paper?
Quality- We are experienced and have access to ample research materials.
We write plagiarism Free Content
Confidential- We never share or sell your personal information to third parties.
Support-Chat with us today! We are always waiting to answer all your questions.