The president of the United States is often seen as the single most powerful individual in the world, a person whose actions
The president of the United States is often seen as the single most powerful individual in the world, a person whose actions have an impact of the daily lives of Americans and people around the globe. Yet most presidents cannot achieve everything they promise while campaigning. They often find that they have to adjust the goals they had when they first took office, and many become frustrated by the limitations of their power in executing the laws passed by Congress. Similarly, Congress has specific constitutional authority to write the laws.
In this Discussion, you will examine what might happen if a limitation on the president were removed and whether or not this removal would be beneficial for the United States as well as the relationship and sometimes the conflict between the authority and role of the president and Congress.
To prepare for this Discussion:
- Review the Interactive Units from this week's Learning Resources.
- Review this week's Learning Resources.
- Review information on at least three of the executive departments. Think about how the executive departments of the cabinet inform the president so that he can make educated decisions.
- Reflect on these questions:
- How does the cabinet influence presidential decisions?
- Consider how the powers and limitations of the president affect decisions made by Congress.
- How might presidential powers and limitations influence the political agenda of the president?
- How might presidential powers and limitations influence the political agenda of Congressional members?
- How can federal bureaucracy assist or hinder the president in exercising influence?
- How can federal bureaucracy suspend presidential initiatives?
With these thoughts in mind:
By Day 3
Post: 1–2 paragraphs identifying one limitation currently applied to the presidency that, if removed, would increase or maximize presidential power. Be sure to:
- Provide a brief description of the limitation you chose.
- Explain how the president would be more powerful if this limitation were removed.
- Explain whether you think the limitation should be removed or remain in place.
- Identify and explore the constitutional role and authority of Congress as well and consider where presidential and congressional authority may or have conflicted.
Include at least one reference and citation from the course readings and one reference and citation from an article found in the Walden Library to support your rationale.
Be sure to support your ideas by connecting them to the week's Learning Resources, or something you have read, heard, seen, or experienced.
Read a selection of your colleagues' postings.
Are you looking for custom essay writing service or even dissertation writing services? Just request for our write my paper service, and we\'ll match you with the best essay writer in your subject! With an exceptional team of professional academic experts in a wide range of subjects, we can guarantee you an unrivaled quality of custom-written papers.
Why Hire Collepals.com writers to do your paper?
Quality- We are experienced and have access to ample research materials.
We write plagiarism Free Content
Confidential- We never share or sell your personal information to third parties.
Support-Chat with us today! We are always waiting to answer all your questions.