Evaluate effective leadership theories and strategies for information technology decision-making in real-world situations.
- Evaluate effective leadership theories and strategies for information technology decision-making in real-world situations.
Mike is newly assigned project manager responsible for the implementation of a new online banking system that improves security and automates many functions normally performed by bank-tellers. Mike is new to the project management field and has limited management experience. During Mike’s first in-person meeting with the Bank’s leadership board the following business objectives were provided:
1. Get acclimated with your new team.
2. Determine who would be best suited for each of the following positions; assistant project manager, communications lead, and finance lead.
Mike has never met his new team members but has learned from reviewing their previous performance appraisals that they each bring different experience to the team.
Sally: Highly experienced Information Technology specialist for over 15 years. Sally has worked on several previous projects and is known as a self-starter. She is motivated by achievement, advancement, and recognition.
Joe: Known as an extremely technical engineer that has also made some careless decisions. While Joe is very proficient at his job, he can be difficult to manage and does not do well in a team dynamic. He has recently submitted work after the assigned completion date, and seems to be losing motivation.
Kevin: Very little experience but eager to learn. Kevin wants to please his boss and team mates . He is not confident and spends a lot of time seeking approval. He has a high need for affiliation and feeling connected to his peers.
Because Mike is inexperienced, the board’s leadership has asked him to create a strategy in regards to how he will integrate himself and provide leadership to a newly formed team.
- Create a detailed written recommendation explaining the approach that Mike should take to orient himself with his new team.
- -What should Mike do prior to his first meeting with the team?
- -What would be discussed during the first meeting?
- Explain which team member you would choose for each position (assistant project manager, communications lead, and finance lead) on the team and explain why.
- What leadership style might work best for Mike to lead each team member? What motivational theory would work the best to motivate each individual? List two ways you would motivate each individual.
- The report must be written using Microsoft Word. The body of the recommendation must be 2-3 pages not including the title and reference pages.
Resources (if needed)
- Employing the Right Leadership Style
- Six Leadership Styles for Every Situation
- Motivation and Motivation Theory
Sender notified by
Mailtrack 17/02/21, 06:08:03
Are you looking for custom essay writing service or even dissertation writing services? Just request for our write my paper service, and we\'ll match you with the best essay writer in your subject! With an exceptional team of professional academic experts in a wide range of subjects, we can guarantee you an unrivaled quality of custom-written papers.
Why Hire Collepals.com writers to do your paper?
Quality- We are experienced and have access to ample research materials.
We write plagiarism Free Content
Confidential- We never share or sell your personal information to third parties.
Support-Chat with us today! We are always waiting to answer all your questions.