· On the basis of what you learned in the readings, define the terms “sample” and “population” and describe some of the advantages and disadvantages of using a sample compared to a population. Support your reasoning with examples.
· A researcher is studying the effects of caffeine on exam scores of college students. In this study:
· What would be the population and sample of this research Extrapolate your views of the advantages and disadvantages of samples and populations to this example.
· Why would the researcher want to use a sample or a population in this study
· When responding to your classmates’ posts, comment on the examples that they provided to illustrate the advantages and disadvantages of a sample compared to a population. What advantages and disadvantages can you add
· Do you agree with your classmates regarding what should be used in this study—a sample or a population, Comment on the reasons they provided and explain why you agree or disagree with them.
The critical piece here is that the sample must represent the population.
If my population is high school students in Florida and my population comes from the local high school, does the sample represent the same kids as those who attend high school in Miami on the other side of the state, Probably not. If I sample only those in the 9th grade, does this represent “high school students” in Florida or even in the same high school, No, because 9th graders may not be like 12 graders.
It is a natural tendency to think of population as “everyone.” but it may be a single school, a single grade or program at a school, a single business,a community, a state, people that represent a specific identity within a specific community, etc.
Are you looking for custom essay writing service or even dissertation writing services? Just request for our write my paper service, and we\'ll match you with the best essay writer in your subject! With an exceptional team of professional academic experts in a wide range of subjects, we can guarantee you an unrivaled quality of custom-written papers.
Why Hire Collepals.com writers to do your paper?
Quality- We are experienced and have access to ample research materials.
We write plagiarism Free Content
Confidential- We never share or sell your personal information to third parties.
Support-Chat with us today! We are always waiting to answer all your questions.