Lab to Analyze Non-Renewable Energy Sources For each assignment, you will use the M.U.S.E. link to complete the lab.
Part ONE - Lab to Analyze Non-Renewable Energy Sources
For each assignment, you will use the M.U.S.E. link to complete the lab.
In this lab, you will see the time progression of impacts associated with either coal-fired or nuclear power plants for electricity generation to help you write up a scientific paper that centers on the following:
- Given that the current 2 primary sources of electricity generation are coal and nuclear power plants, which of these sources is better for human sustainability?
Analyze Energy Sources Lab
Everything people do in their daily lives involves the consumption of resources—particularly energy. With respect to energy, electricity is one of the most important resources consumed and also one of the highest in demand. Traditionally, fossil fuels such as coal, natural gas, and oil have dominated the U.S. energy mix; however, as it is well-known, carbon-emitting energy sources are very detrimental to the environment and are contributing to global warming. Fortunately, alternative energy resources such as solar, wind, hydro, and geothermal power are becoming more efficient and prevalent in today’s energy economy.
Using the M.U.S.E. link, review the background information and gather your data. =https://class.ctuonline.edu/_layouts/MUSEViewer/As…
Use the Lab 4 worksheet for assignment instructions and data collection. – BELOW
Title: Analysis of Energy Sources
Instructions: You will write a 1-page lab report using the scientific method.
When your lab report is complete – submit it in the classroom.
Part I: Using the lab animation, fill in the data table below to gather your data, and use it to help you generate your hypothesis, outcomes, and analysis.
Fuel (Coal)/Uranium Needed (tons)
Sulfur Dioxide and Other Emissions (tons)
Radioactivity mSv (millisievert)
Solid Waste (tons)
Part II: Write a 1-page lab report using the following scientific method sections:
- State the purpose of the lab.
- This is an investigation of what is currently known about the question being asked. Use background information from credible references to write a short summary about concepts in the lab. List and cite references in APA style.
- Hypothesis/Predicted Outcome
- A hypothesis is an educated guess. Based on what you have learned and written about in the Introduction, state what you expect to be the results of the lab procedures.
- Summarize the procedures that you used in the lab. The Methods section should also state clearly how data (numbers) were collected during the lab; this will be reported in the Results/Outcome section.
- Provide here any results or data that were generated while doing the lab procedure.
- In this section, state clearly whether you obtained the expected results.Also discuss the results and what you learned from this lab.
- Note: You can use the lab data to help you discuss the results and what you learned.
Provide references in APA format. This includes a reference list and in-text citations for references used in the Introduction section.
Give your paper a title, and identify each section as specified above. Although the hypothesis will be a 1-sentence answer, the other sections will need to be paragraphs to adequately explain your experiment.
PART 2 – Environmental Hazards and Human Health
Municipal solid waste (MSW) is all of the garbage, refuse, trash, or junk that gets thrown away from homes and small businesses. All of this MSW is collected and taken away. Have you ever wondered where it goes? In the 1950s and 60s, it went to open dumps. In the 1970s, landfills were established, but there were problems, and today there is new legislation and technology to better manage this waste.
For this assignment, you will review the history of MSW and complete the SCI201 Worksheet. BELOW
A good paper should start with background information on the topic to be discussed, define important terms, and explain why the topic is important to the reader. For this assignment’s introduction, you will answer the following questions:
What is municipal solid waste?
How was waste dealt with before industrialization?
Why did this process have to change?
Body of Paper
The body of your paper should consist of several paragraphs, one to address each of the main topics of your paper. For this week’s assignment, address the following points with at least 1 paragraph each:
- Describe an open dump. What environmental problems do open dumps cause?
- Describe an early landfill, and how these differ from open dumps. What problems are associated with early landfills? This should include a discussion of leachate, methane, incomplete decomposition, and settling.
- Describe a modern landfill. What are the differences as compared to early landfills?
- Choose 1 of the following landfills, and explain the innovations being implemented to make the landfill more productive and to reduce its environmental impact:
- Mariannhill Landfill, South Africa
- Puente Hills Landfill, California
- Altamont Landfill, California
- Tessman Road Landfill, Texas
Below, write 1 paragraph summarizing the information above and what you learned from this assignment.
Include at least 1 reference that you used in your assignment
Are you looking for custom essay writing service or even dissertation writing services? Just request for our write my paper service, and we\'ll match you with the best essay writer in your subject! With an exceptional team of professional academic experts in a wide range of subjects, we can guarantee you an unrivaled quality of custom-written papers.
Why Hire Collepals.com writers to do your paper?
Quality- We are experienced and have access to ample research materials.
We write plagiarism Free Content
Confidential- We never share or sell your personal information to third parties.
Support-Chat with us today! We are always waiting to answer all your questions.