In this discussion, we?re going to take a look at issues associated with reporting known or suspected cases of child abuse
In this discussion, we’re going to take a look at issues associated with reporting known or suspected cases of child abuse.
According to the American Psychological Association Presidential Task Force on Violence and the Family, "Surveys of health care professionals, including mental health providers, indicate that professionals often fail to report identified child maltreatment, despite being trained to identify child abuse and neglect. Many professionals indicate that they do not believe others will follow through to provide the help needed by a family coping with violence." (APA, 1996, p. 63)
For the purposes of this discussion, choose a state that you are interested in and respond to all of the following questions and at least 2 of your classmates’ posts.
Helpful web site:
- Child Welfare Information Gateway https://www.childwelfare.gov/topics/systemwide/laws-policies/state/
Name of State: Maryland
- How is child abuse defined in the statute?
- Who are the mandated reporters?
- Is any group specified as "exempt"? If yes, please explain
- What are the penalties for failing to report?
- Are child witnesses to domestic violence addressed in the statute? If yes, please explain
- Do you think there is ever a good reason for a professional to fail to report child abuse?
- Post your original discussion response by Saturday, 11:59 p.m. ET.
- Post replies in two other students’ threads by Tuesday, 11:59 p.m. ET.
- See the Syllabus under “Project Descriptions” for a detailed description of expectations for both original question posts and replies to others.
Are you looking for custom essay writing service or even dissertation writing services? Just request for our write my paper service, and we\'ll match you with the best essay writer in your subject! With an exceptional team of professional academic experts in a wide range of subjects, we can guarantee you an unrivaled quality of custom-written papers.
Why Hire Collepals.com writers to do your paper?
Quality- We are experienced and have access to ample research materials.
We write plagiarism Free Content
Confidential- We never share or sell your personal information to third parties.
Support-Chat with us today! We are always waiting to answer all your questions.