For this discussion, you will imagine yourself as a forensic technician for a small agency working a crime scene wi
For this discussion, you will imagine yourself as a forensic technician for a small agency working a crime scene with a brand-new detective. The scenario is based off the Crime 360: Welcome to Homicide video segments. Prior to beginning work on this discussion, please review the following:
- From the text:
- Chapter 1: Forensic Science and Criminalistics
- Chapter 2: Crime Scene Processing and Analysis and Forensic Technologies
- From the free, downloadable resource at the web page Crime Scene Investigation Guide (Links to an external site.):
- Section A: Arriving at the Scene
- Section B: Preliminary Documentation & Evaluation of the Scene
- From the video Crime 360: Welcome to Homicide :
- The free PDF copy at the web page Strengthening Forensic Science in the United States: A Path Forward (2009) (Links to an external site.)
You work for a small, rural agency that is just starting their own Crime Scene Response Unit (CSRU). So far, it is just you, and an intern volunteering part time for college credit. Your forensic lab is also limited, and any advanced scientific analysis must be sent out to the State Crime Lab.
You will be working with a new homicide detective (see the video Crime 360: Welcome to Homicide). While Detective Shane has a senior detective helping him, you are still depended on to ensure the forensic piece is handled appropriately.
What are your steps in securing the scene and evidence? What steps will you take to correctly process this scene? Include and specifically address the following:
- How to thoroughly record a crime scene including searching the scene.
- What tools or resources will be needed?
- Packaging physical evidence.
- Maintaining proper chain of custody.
- Identify what types of evidence you might hope to find.
The body of your initial post should be at least 250 words in length. Support your claims with examples from this week’s required material(s) and/or other scholarly resources and properly cite any references. Remember science is objective, not a matter of subjective opinions.
Are you looking for custom essay writing service or even dissertation writing services? Just request for our write my paper service, and we\'ll match you with the best essay writer in your subject! With an exceptional team of professional academic experts in a wide range of subjects, we can guarantee you an unrivaled quality of custom-written papers.
Why Hire Collepals.com writers to do your paper?
Quality- We are experienced and have access to ample research materials.
We write plagiarism Free Content
Confidential- We never share or sell your personal information to third parties.
Support-Chat with us today! We are always waiting to answer all your questions.