Please read Roxanne Dunbar Ortiz' "Introduction" from her book, An Indigenous People's History of the United States (attached below). Then, upload a pdf or word document with your responses to the following questions.
In 2-3 sentences each, please respond to the following: (please see the attachment)
1. Define Settler Colonialism (p.2)
2. Why does Dunbar-Ortiz disagree with historians' use of the term "encounter?" (p. 5)
Complete the steps below:
1. Choose a topic from the following list of Indigenous activist issues that interests you the most. If you are not familiar with any of the topics, do a few quick google searches to help you decide
- Sogorea te land trust (Oakland, California)
- Thirty Meter Telescope on Mauna Kea (Hawaii)
- Wet’suwet’en Territory (Canada)
- Arizona Sacred Sites and Border Wall (Arizona)
- Dakota Access Pipeline (North Dakota)
2. Find and watch or listen to a short video or podcast about the issue
3. Create and submit a document or creative art work that includes the following information:
- A short summary of the Indigenous land activist issue of your choice: who/what native people were involved? When did the activism begin? What land or natural resources are they trying to protect?
- A personal reflection– what do you think should be done about the issue you chose?
- an image that depicts a certain aspect of the activism (people, protests, the land or water being protected, etc).
- the link to the short film or video that you watched to familiarize yourself with the issue
Are you looking for custom essay writing service or even dissertation writing services? Just request for our write my paper service, and we\'ll match you with the best essay writer in your subject! With an exceptional team of professional academic experts in a wide range of subjects, we can guarantee you an unrivaled quality of custom-written papers.
Why Hire Collepals.com writers to do your paper?
Quality- We are experienced and have access to ample research materials.
We write plagiarism Free Content
Confidential- We never share or sell your personal information to third parties.
Support-Chat with us today! We are always waiting to answer all your questions.