SOCIAL PROBLEM: Poverty in Oahu, Hawaii Identified a social problem to focus on for your Final Project. You also e
SOCIAL PROBLEM: Poverty in Oahu, Hawaii
Identified a social problem to focus on for your Final Project. You also examined how the problem has been framed in the past and how it should be reframed using strength-based, people-first language. For this Assignment, you will re-visit these areas as you work on the problem scope for your Final Project. As you do so, you will build on the idea that the language of social change matters. You will also use Stroh’s (2015) systems thinking framework to better understand the social problem that you selected.
Stroh, D. P. (2015). Systems thinking for social change: A practical guide to solving complex problems, avoiding unintended consequences, and achieving lasting results. Chelsea Green Publishing.
Reflect on the social problem that you selected for your Final Project. Consider any changes you would make to how you framed the problem, based on feedback that you received from your peers and your Instructor last week.
Consider how you would use the four challenges of change in Stroh’s (2015) systems thinking framework to better understand your social problem. In addition, consider the differences between using a systems approach and a conventional, linear approach to address the problem.
- State the Problem You Selected. Provide a succinct statement that articulates what you currently know about the problem, based on what you learned from your peers, your Instructor, and/or the Learning Resources this week and last week.
- Reframe the Problem. Explain how the problem has been framed in the past. Then, reframe the problem using people-first, strength-based language. Be sure to incorporate any feedback that you received from your peers or Instructor last week.
- Apply Systems Thinking to Understand the Problem. Using the MCFL systems thinking framework from the Stroh text, describe the problem in terms of:
- Motivation: Why should things change?
- Collaboration: Who is affected and who are the stakeholders?
- Focus: Why should stakeholders collaborate to solve the problem? What should be done to leverage change?
- Learning: Why should the public bother to make the change? What do they need to learn? What is missing (needs)? What language should be used to frame the overall social problem?
- Explain the differences between using a conventional, linear approach versus a systems approach to address the problem. What are the major differences?
Are you looking for custom essay writing service or even dissertation writing services? Just request for our write my paper service, and we\'ll match you with the best essay writer in your subject! With an exceptional team of professional academic experts in a wide range of subjects, we can guarantee you an unrivaled quality of custom-written papers.
Why Hire Collepals.com writers to do your paper?
Quality- We are experienced and have access to ample research materials.
We write plagiarism Free Content
Confidential- We never share or sell your personal information to third parties.
Support-Chat with us today! We are always waiting to answer all your questions.