Human resource managers are largely responsible for creating and managing the workforce policies and guid
Human resource managers are largely responsible for creating and managing the workforce policies and guidelines of an organization. By encouraging both the leadership of an organization and employees, they acknowledge and comply with the organizational policies. Additionally, the human resource management (HRM) team ensures that the organization's workforce policies align with the corporate mission and goals, ultimately resulting in the organization’s ability to attract and retain a diverse workforce.
Imagine you have just started working as the HR manager for a new start-up company. You have been asked by the president of the company to create an employee handbook. Watch the following video:
Once you have watched the video, write a minimum 3-page analysis that answers the following questions and supports your plan for creating an employee handbook for your organization. Identify in your plan a minimum of 3 points from the questions answered that support your strategy.
Deliverable Requirements: 10 questions from the video
- Why is it a good practice to have an employee handbook?
- Can an employee handbook be considered a risk management tool? Why or why not?
- What is a culture-first employee handbook and should that type of handbook be considered in your plan?
- Define the term code of conduct.
- Which type of conduct rules in an employee handbook are most frequently challenged by the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB)?
- Are employee handbooks meant to deal with contractual or legal employee privileges? Explain your response.
- What is the most commonly litigated wage and hour violations and why?
- Who do you recommend within the organization assist with the final development and creation of the employee handbook and why?
- How do you plan to bring your handbook to life to your employees?
- Why is it an advantage to have an online version of your employee handbook?
Submitting your assignment in APA format means, at a minimum, you will need the following:
- Title page: Remember the running head. The title should be in all capitals.
- Length: 3 pages minimum
- Abstract: This is a summary of your paper, not an introduction. Begin writing in third person.
- Body: This begins on the page following the title page and abstract page and must be double-spaced (be careful not to triple- or quadruple-space between paragraphs). The typeface should be 12-pt. Times Roman or 12-pt. Courier in regular black type. Do not use color, bold type, or italics, except as required for APA-level headings and references. The deliverable length of the body of your paper for this assignment is 3 pages. In-body academic citations to support your decisions and analysis are required. A variety of academic sources is encouraged.
- Reference page: References that align with your in-body academic sources are listed on the final page of your paper. The references must be in APA format using appropriate spacing, hanging indent, italics, and uppercase and lowercase usage as appropriate for the type of resource used. Remember, the Reference page is not a bibliography but a further listing of the abbreviated in-body citations used in the paper. Every referenced item must have a corresponding in-body citation.
Are you looking for custom essay writing service or even dissertation writing services? Just request for our write my paper service, and we\'ll match you with the best essay writer in your subject! With an exceptional team of professional academic experts in a wide range of subjects, we can guarantee you an unrivaled quality of custom-written papers.
Why Hire Collepals.com writers to do your paper?
Quality- We are experienced and have access to ample research materials.
We write plagiarism Free Content
Confidential- We never share or sell your personal information to third parties.
Support-Chat with us today! We are always waiting to answer all your questions.