Based on the interviews and your textbook readings this week, draw on your knowledge of what was happening in Guatemala in the 1960s-1980s, and answer the following question: How did the issues of race, socio-economic conditions, social injustice and class privilege provide an impetus for these young women to join the guerrilla movement? Identify and describe any common threads between their stories. 2 paragraphs. textbook provided
- Modern Latin America:
- pp. 142-144 (“Cuba: The Contemporary Theme (2000-Present)”)
- pp. 103-108 (“Central America: Politics and Policy: Guatemala”)
- pp. 370-373 (“Strategies for Economic Development: The Socialist Alternative, Revolutionary Movements”)
- pp. 465-472 (“Latin American in the World Arena, 1800s-1900s: The Nationalist Impulse, The Revolutionary Challenge”)
- "Central American Migration: Root Causes and U.S. Policy" (Congressional Research Service, June 13, 2019)
- "Forced Disappearance and Impunity in El Jute, Guatemala.” (Article by Josh MacLeod/Dialogos Magazine/Brown University Library)
- “Testimonies of Guatemalan Women,” Luz Alicia Herrera (1980) (Article by Latin American Perspectives/Brown University Library)
- “What is Cuba’s Sin?,” Fidel Castro (2003)” (Article by Brown University Library)
Are you looking for custom essay writing service or even dissertation writing services? Just request for our write my paper service, and we\'ll match you with the best essay writer in your subject! With an exceptional team of professional academic experts in a wide range of subjects, we can guarantee you an unrivaled quality of custom-written papers.
Why Hire Collepals.com writers to do your paper?
Quality- We are experienced and have access to ample research materials.
We write plagiarism Free Content
Confidential- We never share or sell your personal information to third parties.
Support-Chat with us today! We are always waiting to answer all your questions.