Instructions: Using the periodic table, answer the following questions about elements.? What is the a
Instructions: Using the periodic table, answer the following questions about elements.
- What is the atomic number for Carbon?
- What is the chemical symbol for Tungsten?
- What is the atomic number for Zirconium?
- What is the atomic number for mercury?
- What element has the symbol Ag?
- What element has the symbol Hf?
- What is the atomic number for Gallium?
Atoms and Ions
Instructions: Answer the following questions regarding ions losing and gaining electrons.
- How many electrons does chlorine need to gain to become an ion? Will it become a positively charged cation or a negatively charged anion?
- How many electrons must nitrogen gain to become like its closest noble gas, Neon?
- What are valence electrons?
Instructions: Answer the following questions about isotopes.
- Given that the mass number for carbon is 13, how many protons and how many neutrons does the isotope contain?
- Hydrogen has two naturally occurring isotopes: hydrogen-1 and hydrogen-2. What is the symbol for each of these hydrogen isotopes?
- How many neutrons are contained in nitrogen-15?
- How many protons does Cobalt-57 contain?
- Find the atomic mass unit of Sulfur-32 with a mass of 31.972 and percent abundance 94.99%, Sulfur-33 with a mass of 32.971 and percent abundance 0.75%, Sulfur-34 with a mass of 33.968 and percent abundance 4.25%, and Sulfur-36 with a mass of 35.967 and percent abundance 0.01%.
- Find the atomic mass unit of Silicon-28, Silicon-29, Silicon-30 with masses of 27.977, 28.976, 29.974, respectively. The percent abundance of the silicon isotopes is 92.2%, 4.7% and 3.1%, respectively.
Periodic Table and Its Trends
Instructions: Answer the following questions regarding the periodic table, the Bohr Model, and electron configuration.
- Explain periodic table.
- What is the Bohr Model? Provide a summary in your own words.
- What is the electron configuration of Potassium?
- What is the electron configuration of oxygen?
- How many valence electrons does Sulfur(S) have?
Molecules and Compounds
Instructions: Find the mass ratios and atomic ratios of the following compounds.
Instructions: Write the formula for each of the following ionic compounds.
- Sodium chloride
- Zinc chloride
- Ammonium chloride
- Potassium hydroxide
- Calcium Nitrate
Instructions: Name the following ionic compounds.
Instructions: Name the following molecular compounds.
Instructions: Write the formulas for the following molecular compounds.
- Sulfur hexafluoride
- Sulfur dioxide
- Dinitrogen trioxide
- Carbon tetrachloride
Are you looking for custom essay writing service or even dissertation writing services? Just request for our write my paper service, and we\'ll match you with the best essay writer in your subject! With an exceptional team of professional academic experts in a wide range of subjects, we can guarantee you an unrivaled quality of custom-written papers.
Why Hire Collepals.com writers to do your paper?
Quality- We are experienced and have access to ample research materials.
We write plagiarism Free Content
Confidential- We never share or sell your personal information to third parties.
Support-Chat with us today! We are always waiting to answer all your questions.