Read/review the following resources for this activity:
- Textbook: Chapter 14
- Minimum of 1 primary sources (artist statement)
- Minimum of 1 scholarly source (in addition to the textbook – from critic)
Although controversial art is not a topic exclusive to the 20th and 21st centuries, the distribution of information regarding controversial art has increased with the proliferation of media. Choose an example of a controversial work of art from the 20th or 21stcenturies from any discipline of the humanities (music, literature, sculpture, film, television, etc.). Then, address the following:
- Identify the work and the medium.
- Based on your example, to what extent does this work of controversial art make a social contribution?
- What aesthetic value does the work have? How does it reflect the human condition? How does it relate to your life?
- Has this work ever been censored? If so, explain the circumstances.
- Are governments ever justified in censoring art? Why or why not?
- Examine some of the influences of this work of art.
- Argue whether or not this work should be considered art. Explain why using terms learned in this course.
- Include an accompanying statement from the artist(s) and a statement from a critic to support your points.
Writing Requirements (APA format)
- Length: 1.5-2 pages (not including title page or references page)
- 1-inch margins
- Double spaced
- 12-point Times New Roman font
- Title page
- References page (minimum of 1 scholarly source and 1 primary source)
This activity will be graded based on the W7 Essay Grading Rubric.
Course Outcomes (CO): 2, 4, 6
Due Date: By 11:59 p.m. MT on Sunday
Are you looking for custom essay writing service or even dissertation writing services? Just request for our write my paper service, and we\'ll match you with the best essay writer in your subject! With an exceptional team of professional academic experts in a wide range of subjects, we can guarantee you an unrivaled quality of custom-written papers.
Why Hire Collepals.com writers to do your paper?
Quality- We are experienced and have access to ample research materials.
We write plagiarism Free Content
Confidential- We never share or sell your personal information to third parties.
Support-Chat with us today! We are always waiting to answer all your questions.