Read the attached case study ‘Officer Tim Bronson’; in 2000 words, discuss the following: 1. Explain
Read the attached case study "Officer Tim Bronson"; in 2000 words, discuss the following:
1. Explain the process of arrest, how are they placed under arrest, what does it mean to be arrested
2. Explain the process of arraignment, what occurs during the arraignment process
3. Explain what occurs during pretrial
4. Explain what happens if the offender is in need of a competency hearing, including a definition of competency.
5. Assess the role of a psychologist in a pretrial competency hearing. Describe what type of assessment tools psychologists use to assess competency for trial.
Use six scholarly resources to support your explanations. Please provide all HTTP or DOI for your references in APA 7 style
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. Refer to the LopesWrite Technical Support articles for assistance.
PSY-621 Psychology and the Legal System
Case Study – Officer Tim Bronson
Officer Tim Bronson, badge #3293 was dispatched at 21:00 to 4321 West Jefferson on October 3rd. The purpose of the call was to respond to a reported burglary in the vicinity. Dispatch provided that alleged perpetrator had been described as a Caucasian male, approximately twenty to twenty-five years of age with a light build, wearing a blue jeans and a white zipper up hoody jacket.
Officer Bronson observed a young man on a nearby street that seemed to match the description provided by dispatch. When Officer Bronson attempted to make contact with the young man, the young man fled down the street. Officer Bronson gave chase, and was able to capture and subdue the suspected burglar. The suspected burglar was identified as Carl Davidson.
Officer Bronson placed Mr. Davidson under arrest for a violation of burglary statutes.
1. Read “Psychological Evaluations in the Criminal Justice System: Basic Principles and Best Practices” by Miller from Aggression and Violent Behavior (2013).
2. Read “The Significance of Combining Evaluations of Competency to Stand Trial and Sanity at the Time of the Offense” by Chauhan, Warren, Kois, & Wellbeloved-Stone from Psychology, Public Policy, and Law (2015).
3. Read “A Descriptive Analysis of Pretrial Services at the Single-Jurisdictional Level” by Cooprider from Federal Probation (2004).
4. Read "Pre-Trial Therapy: Avoiding the Pitfalls," by Jenkins, Muccio, & Paris from Healthcare Counselling & Psychotherapy Journal (2015).
5.Read "State of the System: Federal Probation and Pretrial Services," by Johnson & Baber from Federal Probation (2015).
6. Read "Navigating Your Way Through a Mental Competency Hearing," by Wagner, Steitz & Tedford from Reporter (2017).
7. Read "Does Mandating Offenders to Treatment Improve Completion Rates?" by Coviello, Zanis, Wesnoski, Palman, Gur, Lynch, & McKay from Journal of Substance Abuse Treatment (2013).
8. Read "Competency to Stand Trial Evaluations in a Multicultural Population: Associations Between Psychiatric, Demographic, and Legal Factors" by Paradis, Owen, Solomon, Lane, Gulrajani, Fullar, & McCullough from International Journal of Law and Psychiatry (2016).
Are you looking for custom essay writing service or even dissertation writing services? Just request for our write my paper service, and we\'ll match you with the best essay writer in your subject! With an exceptional team of professional academic experts in a wide range of subjects, we can guarantee you an unrivaled quality of custom-written papers.
Why Hire Collepals.com writers to do your paper?
Quality- We are experienced and have access to ample research materials.
We write plagiarism Free Content
Confidential- We never share or sell your personal information to third parties.
Support-Chat with us today! We are always waiting to answer all your questions.