Step 1 – Read the Information Below Managers spend one third of their time communicating up and down the organizational hie
Step 1 – Read the Information Below
Managers spend one third of their time communicating up and down the organizational hierarchy. Communication is the transfer and understanding of information from one person to another. The communication model comprises of several parts.
We want to examine the communication pathway or medium in which communication is delivered. The communication pathway is the way messages are sent, including:
- Face-to-face meetings.
- Electronic mail and online discussions.
- Written letters or memorandums.
- Telephone or voice-mail, among others.
While some people may be better at using certain mediums over others, some mediums can be better suited for the specific message being conveyed. For this week's discussion, suppose you are a manager who needs to communicate several messages to employees of the company.
- The CEO abruptly resigns after the news media reports that the CEO embezzled millions of dollars.
- A plan to relocate the company.
- The death of an employee.
- The reassignment of one division to a new location.
Step 2 – Post a Response
Respond to the following for each of the messages above:
- List the medium (telephone, email, text, face-to-face meeting, etc.) you would use to communicate the message.
- Explain why you chose that medium over the other possible mediums.
- Then, consider the importance of the information conveyed in these messages. How might the choice of medium for communication impact trust and credibility among the employees?
Are you looking for custom essay writing service or even dissertation writing services? Just request for our write my paper service, and we\'ll match you with the best essay writer in your subject! With an exceptional team of professional academic experts in a wide range of subjects, we can guarantee you an unrivaled quality of custom-written papers.
Why Hire Collepals.com writers to do your paper?
Quality- We are experienced and have access to ample research materials.
We write plagiarism Free Content
Confidential- We never share or sell your personal information to third parties.
Support-Chat with us today! We are always waiting to answer all your questions.