Program-Level Objectives met with this assignment: Communication? Critical Thinking Skills Personal Responsibility?
Program-Level Objectives met with this assignment:
- Critical Thinking Skills
- Personal Responsibility
- Social Responsibility
Course-Level Objectives met with this assignment:
- Explain the origin and development of constitutional democracy in the United States.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the federal system.
- Describe separation of powers and checks and balances in both theory and practice.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the legislative, executive and judicial branches of the federal government.
- Evaluate the role of public opinion, interest groups, and political parties in the political system.
- Analyze the election process.
- Describe the rights and responsibilities of citizens
- Analyze issues and policies in U.S. politics
Activity for Assessment:For this discussion, we are looking at privavy in a digital age. You are going to research the 4th Amendment and the right to privacy and then read the following articles. Do any other research you feel necessary to be able to answer the questions below. If you feel inclined, research the current case before the U.S. Supreme Court on facial recognition, as the decision will have long lasting implications on privacy laws. Do we have privacy rights anymore?The Supreme Court’s Most Consequential Ruling for Privacy in the Digital Age, One Year In
- Explain the 4th Amendment and the right to privcy contained within.
- How can we strike the right balance between security and privacy in the digital age? Are we just trading privacy for liberty?
- How might we translate Fourth Amendment doctrine in light of technological advances and changing consumer expectations of privacy?
- Given the amount of information existing online (medical records, credit cards, social security numbers, ancestry and DNA, etc.), should we be more concerned about what we allow to be stored in the cloud?
- And whose law should govern access to data in our borderless world—a world where data is often stored on servers in other countries and can be transferred across borders at the snap of a finger?
- Lastly, how do you think your generation feels about these issues? For example, do you think opinions about this topic are varied between Generation Y and Z, when compared to Boomers and Generation X?
Please be sure to meet the requirements for posting in the discussion board. For more specifics, please refer to to the directions provided in the Start Here tab in eCampus. Do not forget your works cited. Since the above-mentioned articles are all required for this discussion, you must include them in your works cited. Any additional research must be included in your sources as well.
Are you looking for custom essay writing service or even dissertation writing services? Just request for our write my paper service, and we\'ll match you with the best essay writer in your subject! With an exceptional team of professional academic experts in a wide range of subjects, we can guarantee you an unrivaled quality of custom-written papers.
Why Hire Collepals.com writers to do your paper?
Quality- We are experienced and have access to ample research materials.
We write plagiarism Free Content
Confidential- We never share or sell your personal information to third parties.
Support-Chat with us today! We are always waiting to answer all your questions.