you wrote an analysis on a piece of literature. In this task, you will write an analysis (suggested len
you wrote an analysis on a piece of literature. In this task, you will write an analysis (suggested length of 3–5 pages) of one work from the disciplines of visual art or music. Choose one work from the list below:
• Exekias, Achilles and Ajax Playing a Dice Game(Athenian black-figure amphora), ca. 540−530 BCE
• Praxiteles, The Aphrodite of Cnidus (Knidos) c. 350 BCE
• Alexandros of Antioch, Venus de Milo, between 130−100 BCE
• Apollodorus of Damascus, Trajan’s Column, c. 107 CE
• After Leochares, Apollo Belvedere, c. 120 CE
• Agesander, Athenodorus, and Polydorus of Rhodes, The Laocoön Group, Late 2nd Century
• Leonardo da Vinci, Annunciation, c. 1472
• Titian, Bacchus and Ariadne, c,1520
• Hans Holbein the Younger, The Ambassadors, 1533
• Marcus Gheeraerts the Younger, Queen Elizabeth I (Ditchley Portrait), c. 1592
• Josquin des Prez, Mille Regretz (French Chanson), c. 1521
• Giovanni Pierluigi da Palestrina, Sicut Cervus(motet), c. 1581
• Thomas Morley, Now is the Month of Maying, 1595
• John Farmer, Fair Phyllis (English Madrigal) 1599
NeoClassical (Art) / Classical (Music)
• Antonio Canova, Psyche Revived by Cupid’s Kiss, c. 1777
• Jacques Louis David, The Death of Socrates, 1787
• Sir John Soane, Bank of England, 1788–1833
• Ingres, La Grande Odalisque, 1814
• W.A. Mozart, Piano Concerto No. 20 in D Minor, K. 466 – “Romanze” (second movement), 1785
• W.A. Mozart, Overture to The Marriage of Figaro K. 492, 1786
• Franz Joseph Haydn, Symphony No. 94 in G Major (Surprise), 1792
• Ludwig van Beethoven, Symphony No. 5 in C Minor, Op. 67,”Allegro con brio” (first movement), 1804–1808
• Henry Fuseli, The Nightmare, 1781
• John Constable, The Hay Wain, 1821
• Eugene Delacroix, The Death of Sardanapalus, 1827
• J.M.W. Turner, Slave Ship, 1840
• Franz Schubert, Erlking D.328 (Lied), 1815
• Hector Berlioz, Dream of the Witches’ Sabbathfrom Symphonie fantastique, 1830
• Clara Schumann, 4 pieces fugitives, Op.15, 1853
• Bedrich Smetana, The Moldau from Má Vlast, 1874
• Gustave Courbet, The Stone Breakers, 1849
• Rosa Bonheur, The Horse Fair, 1852-1855
• James Whistler, Arrangement in Grey and Black, No.1: Portrait of the Artist's Mother, 1871
• Édouard Manet, A Bar at the Folies-Bergère, 1882
• Stephen Foster, Old Folks at Home,1851
• John Philip Sousa, The Stars and Stripes Forever, 1896-97
• Giacomo Puccini, Madama Butterfly, 1904
• Julia Ward Howe, The Battle Hymn of the Republic, 1862
Use the link near the bottom of this page to access direct links to the works listed above.
Once you have selected and viewed the work, you will create a paragraph of descriptive writing with your personal observations about the work. This paragraph must be written before you do research on the work, the artist or composer, and the period it comes from. You will need to be detailed in your description of the work.
The next step will be to research the work, the life of the artist, and the period. You will then be ready to create your analysis. This process of analysis will require you to discuss the historical context of the work, pertinent aspects of the artist’s or composer’s biography, themes and/or stylistic characteristics of its historical period and finally, the relevance of this work for audiences today.
The final requirement of the task will be to reflect on this process and describe how the analysis informed or altered your perception of the work.
Are you looking for custom essay writing service or even dissertation writing services? Just request for our write my paper service, and we\'ll match you with the best essay writer in your subject! With an exceptional team of professional academic experts in a wide range of subjects, we can guarantee you an unrivaled quality of custom-written papers.
Why Hire Collepals.com writers to do your paper?
Quality- We are experienced and have access to ample research materials.
We write plagiarism Free Content
Confidential- We never share or sell your personal information to third parties.
Support-Chat with us today! We are always waiting to answer all your questions.