Read chapters 11, 12, & 13
1. What is the current status of the debate between teaching students who are deaf or hard of hearing to communicate with sign language vs. oral speech? How does society influence this debate? How have changes in technology, particularly the development of cochlear implants, changed this debate?
2. What is the difference between a conductive hearing loss and a sensorineural hearing loss? How are central auditory processing disorders different from other forms of hearing loss?
3. Why is early intervention so crucial for children with hearing loss?
4. How do hearing losses affect a child’s language development (including reading), and what can be done to maximize communication potential?
5. Why is lack of vision both a primary disability and a condition that can hamper cognitive development?
6. How does a visual impairment impede the development of language?
7. What effect does restricted mobility and consequent limited experiences have on the personal and social adjustment of children with visual disabilities?
8. How can UDL be used to help students with visual impairments access the curriculum, including the Common Core State Standards?
9. What are some of the challenges in assessing students with physical disabilities, health impairments, and multiple disabilities?
10. How can the RtI framework be used to support students who have significant cognitive delays or other severe disabilities?
11. What is the goal of inclusion? How can inclusive classrooms be made productive for all students?
12. How can assistive technology be effectively used to help students with disabilities?
Chapter 11 – Hearing Loss
Chapter 12 Visual Impairments
Chapter 13 – Physical Disabilities
[Message clipped] View entire message
Preview YouTube video Deafness, self-esteem, and the inclusive classroom
Preview YouTube video Teaching deaf students in the inclusive classroom- Part 1
Preview YouTube video Teaching deaf students in the inclusive classroom- Part 2
Preview YouTube video Early Intervention: Helping babies with visual impairments
Preview YouTube video Cerebral Palsy and Physical Therapy
Preview YouTube video Camp Independence – A Sports Camp for Kids with Cerebral Palsy
Preview YouTube video Meet Lianna – Assistive Technology and Cerebral Palsy
Preview YouTube video What is AAC? Augmentative and Alternative Communication
Are you looking for custom essay writing service or even dissertation writing services? Just request for our write my paper service, and we\'ll match you with the best essay writer in your subject! With an exceptional team of professional academic experts in a wide range of subjects, we can guarantee you an unrivaled quality of custom-written papers.
Why Hire Collepals.com writers to do your paper?
Quality- We are experienced and have access to ample research materials.
We write plagiarism Free Content
Confidential- We never share or sell your personal information to third parties.
Support-Chat with us today! We are always waiting to answer all your questions.