Discussion: Influencing Multiple Systems Through Evidence-Based Change
As an advance practice nurse, your work is informed by many factors beyond your direct reach, and your influence extends beyond the immediate context in which you labor. Likewise, the changes you propose as a nurse leader are influenced by multiple systems and, in turn, can have an impact on many different groups. One of the ways to distinguish yourself as a leader is to be knowledgeable about these spheres of influence and to promote awareness of the potential effects that may result from a change.
Indeed, with the fluid and persistently evolving nature of change, it is essential that you stay abreast of latest developments that may affect the practice environment. This is especially critical for maintaining or adapting a change once it has been implemented. As discussed in Weeks 8 and 9, you may need to make adjustments based on evaluation of outcomes; in addition, you must also be prepared for adjustments based on developments within or outside your targeted environment.
• What are some possible adjustments that you might need to make based on the evaluation of outcomes? Consider insights from the Discussion in Weeks 8 and 9.
• Consider the evidence-based change you are proposing for your practicum setting: What other systems or components of a system are within the sphere of influence of this change? How could evolving issues internal to the setting, such as budget, staffing shortage, regulations or external to it, such as supply, funding, national priorities, and disasters, affect the implementation—and ultimately the sustainability—of such a change?
• How might your proposed change, in turn, affect policy or practice at other levels beyond your initial focus?
By Day 3 of Week 10
Post a cohesive response that addresses the following:
• Describe at least three evolving issues that are internal or external to your practicum setting that could affect the implementation and sustainability of your proposed change. From what systems level do those issues originate (e.g., organizational, local, state, national, global) and what other systems are then involved in response to that factor?
• How might your proposed change, in turn, lead to shifts at other levels beyond your initial focus?
Are you looking for custom essay writing service or even dissertation writing services? Just request for our write my paper service, and we\'ll match you with the best essay writer in your subject! With an exceptional team of professional academic experts in a wide range of subjects, we can guarantee you an unrivaled quality of custom-written papers.
Why Hire Collepals.com writers to do your paper?
Quality- We are experienced and have access to ample research materials.
We write plagiarism Free Content
Confidential- We never share or sell your personal information to third parties.
Support-Chat with us today! We are always waiting to answer all your questions.