CRITICAL REVIEW: FERGUSON EFFECT ASSIGNMENT INSTRUCTIONS
In 2014 a young African American man was killed in Ferguson, Missouri after an altercation with a local police officer. Ensuing violent protests, media scrutiny and activism by the fledgling Black Lives Matter group and others generated an opposition to police tactics that continues today. When crime rates in some areas rose, St. Louis Police Chief Dotson postulated that a “Ferguson Effect” whereby police officers may be reluctant to enforce the law in some situations may be a result of the scrutiny. The potential for such an effect has enormous implications for police leaders, policy and practice in law enforcement. This assignment requires you to compare two articles, read them, and discuss how they are related to the overall topic of law enforcement leadership and civil liberties. One article is part of the weekly reading and each student will find another article on the same subject, using the Liberty University library resources. Please ensure your finished product reflects how the articles relate to the discipline of law enforcement. In addition to an introduction and conclusion, make sure to cover the following pertinent questions as you prepare your Critical Review assignment.
Article reviews enable you to practice thinking critically and to synthesize information.
• Do not quote from the article. Instead, summarize and paraphrase. For purposes of promoting originality, citations should be limited to about 1-2 per paragraph in most instances.
• Paragraphs should ideally consist of between 5-7 sentences each.
• Your review must be written in your words and include Biblical integration and at least three scholarly citations, one of which can be your textbook, in APA format.
• Acceptable sources are those scholarly articles that can be obtained using the Liberty University Library resources. These articles should be published within the past five years unless they are classic or seminal works.
• In addition to 3 pages of content, make sure to include a title and reference page. You do not need to produce an abstract for this assignment.
• Your paper should address the following questions: What is the article’s title and purpose? What are the authors’ theoretical assumptions? What are the major similarities and differences in the authors’ views? Do the articles advance the work in the field of law enforcement? Does your research indicate the need for improved leadership training in law enforcement? Do not simply answer the questions but incorporate your answers into the flow of the assignment.
Note: Your assignment will be checked for originality via the SafeAssign plagiarism tool.
Are you looking for custom essay writing service or even dissertation writing services? Just request for our write my paper service, and we\'ll match you with the best essay writer in your subject! With an exceptional team of professional academic experts in a wide range of subjects, we can guarantee you an unrivaled quality of custom-written papers.
Why Hire Collepals.com writers to do your paper?
Quality- We are experienced and have access to ample research materials.
We write plagiarism Free Content
Confidential- We never share or sell your personal information to third parties.
Support-Chat with us today! We are always waiting to answer all your questions.