Share a case that involved a client who reported sexual abuse (past or current); domestic violence; or abuse of a child, elder, or dependent adult. Remove the client's name and all identifying information. Use a pseudonym when referring to the client. If you have not worked with a client who has experienced or reported abuse, create a brief hypothetical case.
Explain how you considered the ethical and legal aspects of this case, including any reporting mandates for abuse in your state as well as the protocols for mandatory reporting at your site.
Drawing from the current professional literature, include at least one article that describes counseling approaches that have been found effective in working with clients who have suffered abuse.
Discuss one of the specific interventions you used with this client. Was it effective? Describe what you observed that let you know whether the intervention was effective or not.
Optional – Readings
You may also wish to read the following library and Internet articles, which offer some additional insights on this unit's subject:
- Durfee, A. (2011). "I'm not a victim, she's an abuser": Masculinity, victimization, and protection orders. Gender and Society, 25(3), 316–334.
- Hill, J. M., Vernig, P. M., Lee, J. K., Brown, C., & Orsillo, S. M. (2011). The development of a brief acceptance and mindfulness-based program aimed at reducing sexual revictimization among college women with a history of childhood sexual abuse. Journal of Clinical Psychology, 67(9), 969–980.
- Bell, C. H., & Robinson, E. H., III. (2013). Shared trauma in counseling: Information and implications for counselors. Journal of Mental Health Counseling, 35(4), 310–323.
- Perilla, J. L., Serrata, J. V., Weinberg, J., & Lippy, C. A. (2012). Integrating women's voices and theory: A comprehensive domestic violence intervention for Latinas. Women and Therapy, 35(1–2), 93–105.
Optional – Internet Resources
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Children's Bureau. (2018). Child maltreatment 2016. Retrieved from https://www.acf.hhs.gov/cb/resource/child-maltreatment-2016
- Myers, K. (2014, September 26). Exploring the impact of war. Counseling Today. Retrieved from http://ct.counseling.org/2014/09/exploring-the-impact-of-war/
Are you looking for custom essay writing service or even dissertation writing services? Just request for our write my paper service, and we\'ll match you with the best essay writer in your subject! With an exceptional team of professional academic experts in a wide range of subjects, we can guarantee you an unrivaled quality of custom-written papers.
Why Hire Collepals.com writers to do your paper?
Quality- We are experienced and have access to ample research materials.
We write plagiarism Free Content
Confidential- We never share or sell your personal information to third parties.
Support-Chat with us today! We are always waiting to answer all your questions.