In this assignment, you will identify and interview a family who is currently undergoing stress. The stress may arise from a new baby, new marriage, new divorce or separation, new job, new house, having a child with special needs, etc. Explain the assignment to the family and obtain written consent for participation. Please acknowledge that this information will only be used for classroom purposes, that no information will be published or disseminated and that their names will not be used.
Part 1: Interview
- Interview family members to gain information about the following:
- Family information – nuclear, extended family, ages, siblings, etc.
- History – how and when the stress started
- Life cycle events – have members describe events and how they responded to them (i.e., beginning of school, IEP, transition times, family events, interaction with siblings)
- Family dynamics between members
- Strengths of family
- Cultural, religious, social networks and involvement
- Family needs
- Coping strategies
- Community resources and support
- Family goals for child
- Other (i.e., personal stories)
- Analyze the family from this information based on current research and theory,
- Provide research-based recommendations for the family – this may include continuing things that they are currently doing and may include resources/agencies/supports that they can or could be receiving. Note: These resources can be ones that you are using for your major resource file (see Module 5).
- Provide a personal reflection on this experience including the communication skills needed for effective interviewing.
Part 2: Results of the Interview
- Create a 6 to 8-page paper (not including title or reference pages) in a Word document for your response.
- Use APA format for the title page, references page, and in-text citations.
- Develop an introduction and conclusion for your paper.
Are you looking for custom essay writing service or even dissertation writing services? Just request for our write my paper service, and we\'ll match you with the best essay writer in your subject! With an exceptional team of professional academic experts in a wide range of subjects, we can guarantee you an unrivaled quality of custom-written papers.
Why Hire Collepals.com writers to do your paper?
Quality- We are experienced and have access to ample research materials.
We write plagiarism Free Content
Confidential- We never share or sell your personal information to third parties.
Support-Chat with us today! We are always waiting to answer all your questions.