In this module week, you will apply your gained knowledge about unaccelerated aircraft performance of the Cessna 172 Lyc. IO-360-L2A . Since you will build on your previously derived drag data for your example aircraft. For your independent project, create an instructional presentation. Using/building on your previous drag (i.e., thrust-required) table and graph created in Module 3, generate additional power-required values in the table and depict the power-required curve for your aircraft. Then, working with your derived thrust-required and/or power-required curves and table data, explain how to find various performance aspects for your aircraft, and provide the specific data for your example. At a minimum cover the following:
- Maximum range airspeed
- Maximum endurance airspeed
- Best climb conditions
- Best rate of climb (ROC) & associated airspeed
- Best angle of climb (AOC) & associated airspeed
- Maximum forward airspeed
- Best glide airspeed
Additionally, discuss and highlight numerically on a specific example of how weight change influences performance events such as the best range or endurance.As in previous assignments, you will need to research additional information such as required formulas and pertinent aircraft data. Again, the emphasis in this project task is on explaining your methodology as if you are attempting to instruct someone unfamiliar with the aerodynamic details and relationships. Therefore, make sure to detail all assumptions, all formulas used, and all steps that were taken. The following will give you some starting points for your search and consideration.
- Required formula:
- Thrust to power relationship
- Weight change influence on performance airspeeds
- ROC & AOC relationships
- Necessary aircraft information:
- Powerplant output (for simplification, you can assume constant power output at the rated value across the entire speed range); whatever powerplant data you utilize, please make sure to include a short discussion detailing your assumptions.
- Previous information:
- Make sure to detail again all assumed information used/transferred from last week (e.g., aircraft weight, atmospheric conditions, etc.) since performance data are, obviously, only valid for specific cases and conditions.
As previously stated, you are encouraged to utilize appropriate computational software such as Excel® or MatLab®.
- Your presentation is due by the last day of the module and should be created using Powerpoint or the presentation platform of your choice.
Are you looking for custom essay writing service or even dissertation writing services? Just request for our write my paper service, and we\'ll match you with the best essay writer in your subject! With an exceptional team of professional academic experts in a wide range of subjects, we can guarantee you an unrivaled quality of custom-written papers.
Why Hire Collepals.com writers to do your paper?
Quality- We are experienced and have access to ample research materials.
We write plagiarism Free Content
Confidential- We never share or sell your personal information to third parties.
Support-Chat with us today! We are always waiting to answer all your questions.