ALHT-202-10661-Statistics & Research Methods (Fall 2019)
ALHT-202-10661-201909, Fall 2019 Session K, October 21 – December 6, 2019
Instructor: Amie Mansfield
Final Research Critique Assignment
For this assignment, you are required to analyze one research article of your choice from the list provided below. The analysis will be worth 20% of the final grade.
Of the articles listed below, please choose one for this assignment. Each student will choose their own article, and you must send in this choice to your faculty by Sunday of Week 3. Once your choice is approved by your faculty, it is no longer available for use by other students for this assignment. This means each student submits a critique of a different article for this assignment.
The full-text for each of the articles, located at the end of this grading rubric, is available via databases in the Resnick Library. Once your article choice is approved, you will prepare a 4-5 page paper in APA format. The 4-5 page limit is for text only; it does not include cover page, abstract, and references used in the assignment.
The final paper must be submitted to Turn It In as well as to the Final Research Critique dropbox. Your assignment is not considered submitted until it is turned into BOTH places. Failure to submit to both will result in a non-submission and a zero grade.
Please reply to the following questions in your paper, and separate each one with major headings and subheadings as needed to present an organized paper. Your responses can be 1-3 sentences per question, and all sub-questions should be included.
1. Begin by discussing what the article is about. What are the research questions that are the basis for this study? What is the research hypothesis, if it is present. (There may be several, so state them all.) If there are not research questions and/or a hypothesis, indicate that is the case and provide your interpretation of what the research question and hypotheses are. Why is this article important and/or useful to healthcare professionals? (4%)
2. What is the sample used for this study? Is it a representative sample of the larger population? Is the size appropriate? Why or why not? (2%)
3. Was an instrument used to collect the data? What is it called and who designed it? Were reliability and validity of the measures discussed? If so, do you think they are adequate? Why are the measures of reliability and validity important? (3%)
4. Were there tables or other forms of data displays? Were they understandable? What information and/or analyses from the study did they portray? (2%)
5. If the authors discussed limitations of their statistical methods, what were they? Do you agree with the authors’ position? Why or why not? Are there additional methodological or statistical limitations that you identified that the authors did not make note of? If so, what were they? (3%)
6. Comment on the study’s findings (results) and the generalizability of the study’s findings. Why are these results important and who are they generalizable to? If you were to conduct this same study, what, would you do differently to improve the study and its results? (3%)
7. What did you learn about statistical procedures, methodology, and measurement from this article and assignment? (3%)
This paper must be prepared according to APA format. If you require assistance in writing or APA, please contact the Writing Center. You may also refer to the Sample APA Paper sample APA paper.docx – Alternative Formats for guidance in format. Up to 3% may be deducted for APA errors. The article is to be cited in the reference list at the end of the paper, on a separate page, together with any other sources used and cited in your paper.
The body has to be 4-5 pages, but I am calculating it as an 8 page paper because of the cover page, abstract, and reference page. (And the 1 source is the “Effectiveness of a mindfulness…” article)
Are you looking for custom essay writing service or even dissertation writing services? Just request for our write my paper service, and we\'ll match you with the best essay writer in your subject! With an exceptional team of professional academic experts in a wide range of subjects, we can guarantee you an unrivaled quality of custom-written papers.
Why Hire Collepals.com writers to do your paper?
Quality- We are experienced and have access to ample research materials.
We write plagiarism Free Content
Confidential- We never share or sell your personal information to third parties.
Support-Chat with us today! We are always waiting to answer all your questions.