Assignment 5, Description
Stress and Nursing Practice
Describe the case that defined you as a nurse. This is usually a case with a bad or potential bad outcome. What happened, how were you involved? How does this case still affect you and your practice? What steps have you taken to overcome the stress of this event? (Remember to protect patient privacy).
Explain the importance of debriefings. Are they used in your workplace? If a debriefing would happen who would be involved, what would be discussed, who would lead the debriefing, where would it take place? Are debriefings possible at your workplace and would they help nurses deal with stress?
Length: 1250 to 1750 words
Structure: Include a title page and reference page in APA format. These do not count towards the minimum word count for this assignment. Your essay must include an introduction and a conclusion.
References: Use appropriate APA style in-text citations and references for all resources utilized to answer the questions. A minimum of two (2) scholarly sources are required for this assignment.
Rubric: This assignment uses a rubric for scoring. Please review it as part of your assignment preparation and again prior to submission to ensure you have addressed its criteria at the highest level.
Format: Save your assignment as a Microsoft Word document (.doc or .docx)
• Maloney, C. (2012). Critical incident stress debriefing and pediatric nurses: An approach to support the work environment and mitigate negative consequences. Pediatric Nursing, 38(2), 110-3.
• Mealer, M. L., Shelton, A., Berg, B., Rothbaum, B., & Moss, M. (2007). Increased prevalence of post-traumatic stress disorder symptoms in critical care nurses. American Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine, 175(7), 693-7.
• Templeton, D. (2015, Feb 27). Hospital treats nursing stress with ‘mindfulness’ workshops. McClatchy – Tribune News Service.
• American Holistic Nurses Association (AHNA). (2018). Holistic stress management for nurses.
• American Psychological Association (APA). (2018). Stress effects on the body.
• Das, S., & Baby, P. (2014). Correlation between organizational stress and job satisfaction among registered nurses in selected hospital. Asian Journal of Nursing Education and Research, 4(1), 45-49
Are you looking for custom essay writing service or even dissertation writing services? Just request for our write my paper service, and we\'ll match you with the best essay writer in your subject! With an exceptional team of professional academic experts in a wide range of subjects, we can guarantee you an unrivaled quality of custom-written papers.
Why Hire Collepals.com writers to do your paper?
Quality- We are experienced and have access to ample research materials.
We write plagiarism Free Content
Confidential- We never share or sell your personal information to third parties.
Support-Chat with us today! We are always waiting to answer all your questions.