Pharma Week 7 Pathways to Safer Opiod Use Interactive Exercise
Click the link below to begin the interactive video https://health.gov/hcq/trainings/pathways/index.html
exercise. After watching the introduction, choose the character of Dr. Martin Bright, the Primary Care Physician. You will follow Dr. Bright through the scenario and make decisions related to preventing opioid-related adverse drug events (ADEs).
Pathways to Safer Opioid Use is an immersive, interactive training tool that was designed using the opioid-related recommendations outlined in the National Action Plan for Adverse Drug Event Prevention (ADE Action Plan). This training uses the principles of health literacy and a multimodal, team-based approach to promote the appropriate, safe, and effective use of opioids to manage chronic pain.
Click here to access the video interactive, Pathways to Safer Opioid Use
Scroll down the web page to learn how you can earn free CMEs by completing the exercise and post-test!
For direct access to the video interactive click here.
You will need to complete this exercise in order to participate in your discussion board this week.
Discussion Prompt 1
(Complete the Pathways to Safer Opioid Use interactive in week 7 first.)
Reflect on your experience with the Pathways to Safer Opioid Use interactive exercise. How did this exercise affect your attitude toward prescribing pain medications? What has been your experience with pain management in the past? What is your philosophy toward pain management as a prescriber? Explain.
Additionally, choose two of the following to address:
• What are some of the challenges Dr. Martin faces daily in his practice? How do those challenges affect the care he provides his patient? What could Dr, Martin do differently to address these challenges and provide a different standard of care to his patients?
• What are some common situations that arise with acute and chronic pain management? What can you do to reduce or eliminate potentially dangerous situations?
• What decisions did you make that you felt were good, practical decisions, but were not considered the best decisions?
• What decision did you make when you met with your patient Janet Martinez who complained of knee pain interfering with her ability to do her job? Do yon feel you made the right decision? If you did not provide the opioids, did you educate Janice on the dangers of opioid addiction? Why or why not? How common do you think this scenario plays out in actual clinical practice? Explain.
• Tom, the NP, raised an interesting question about bias. Did bias factor into your decision making?
• What can you do to protect your patients and yourself against opioid misuse? Use examples from the interactive to support your answer.
• What steps can you take to monitor a patient’s prescription drug use? Use examples from the interactive to support your answer.
• What impact can health literacy have on pain management? Use examples from the interactive to support your answer.
Are you looking for custom essay writing service or even dissertation writing services? Just request for our write my paper service, and we\'ll match you with the best essay writer in your subject! With an exceptional team of professional academic experts in a wide range of subjects, we can guarantee you an unrivaled quality of custom-written papers.
Why Hire Collepals.com writers to do your paper?
Quality- We are experienced and have access to ample research materials.
We write plagiarism Free Content
Confidential- We never share or sell your personal information to third parties.
Support-Chat with us today! We are always waiting to answer all your questions.