Subscription holders will not sell or render any of Wave’s services to third parties or non-subscribers.
Respond to two colleagues (BELOW): (Half a page each and please, provide each reference separately)
Describe the written or non-written policy in place for your home network. After you post it, compare yours with other classmates’ policies and discuss why one policy may not be appropriate for another home network.
Post from colleague 1
Cox communication is a local network service provider for my home network which has an option for a wireless and wired connection. My home network currently consists of 21 devices ranging from mobile devices laptops, game systems, printers, and smart TVs. The service provides Cox Communication does provider a term of services within its contact for all subscribers. Cox requires user authentication such as a username and password, to access Wi-Fi services (COX, 2020). The following policy has been written to protect the organization and subscriber network.
• Users cannot program any IP address to the network other than the one assigned by Cox communication.
• User cannot utilize MAC address on any device connected to the network.
• Cox prohibits the resell and sharing of Wi-Fi services to any third party as well as Username and password sharing not authorized as part of any Cox subscription.
• Cox prohibits users from taking part in fraudulent activities such as impersonating people or forging a signature.
• Users cannot connect any equipment or software that provides server-like functionality to the Wi-Fi services.
The services for which Cox provides are over wireless radio waves and can be transmissions causing intercepted by unauthorized persons (COX, 2020). Subscribers are encouraged to assume all risks and Cox is released in the event of any damage introduced to any devices connected to the network. The possibility of viruses or breaches from unauthorized third parties is a risk the user may face (COX, 2020).
Post from colleague 2
Many cyber adversaries will target computer users who operate on unsecure home networks as a way to gain access to private information. The reason for this is that a lot of home users either think their networks are too small to be at risk of a cyberattack or that their devices are “secure enough” right out of the box (CISA, 2019). However, any network that connects to the Internet is inherently more susceptible to outside threats.
Wave Broadband is my local Internet service provider (ISP). I utilize the company’s dual-band Wi-Fi router to support my home network, which currently consists of 13 devices that range from mobile phones to an entire HVAC system. Wave’s service comes with a residential subscriber agreement that must be adhered to. Some noteworthy points of their written policy are the following:
• Subscription holders will not sell or render any of Wave’s services to third parties or non-subscribers.
• Wave’s services will not be used for fraudulent activities, including the impersonation of others or digital piracy.
• All Wave equipment is the sole property of the company and its designees. Any personal modems or equipment must meet Wave’s minimum requirements and specifications.
• Wave reserves the right to terminate its services for any breach in contract or policy violation.
The rules set forth by Wave are standard for most ISPs. However, one ISP’s policy may not be appropriate for all home networks since each company, as well as its subscribers, have their own personal business goals and reasons for certain Internet services.
Have a great day all.
CISA. (2019). Home network security: Security tip (ST15-002). Retrieved from https://us-cert.cisa.gov/ncas/tips/ST15-002
Wave. (n.d.). Residential services subscriber agreement. Retrieved from https://residential.wavebroadband.com/resources/docs/Wave-Residential-Subscriber-Agreement.pdf
Are you looking for custom essay writing service or even dissertation writing services? Just request for our write my paper service, and we\'ll match you with the best essay writer in your subject! With an exceptional team of professional academic experts in a wide range of subjects, we can guarantee you an unrivaled quality of custom-written papers.
Why Hire Collepals.com writers to do your paper?
Quality- We are experienced and have access to ample research materials.
We write plagiarism Free Content
Confidential- We never share or sell your personal information to third parties.
Support-Chat with us today! We are always waiting to answer all your questions.