PATHOPHYSIOLOGY WK 2 ASSIGNMENT QUESTION
Assignment: Adaptive Response
As an advanced practice nurse, you will examine patients presenting with a variety of disorders. You must, therefore, understand how the body normally functions so that you can identify when it is reacting to changes. Often, when changes occur in body systems, the body reacts with compensatory mechanisms. These compensatory mechanisms, such as adaptive responses, might be signs and symptoms of alterations or underlying disorders. In the clinical setting, you use these responses, along with other patient factors, to lead you to a diagnosis.
Consider the following scenario:
Scenario: (STRESS DISORDER)
Martha is a 65-year-old woman who recently retired from her job as an administrative assistant at a local hospital. Her medical history is significant for hypertension, which has been controlled for years with hydrochlorothiazide. She reports that lately she is having a lot of trouble sleeping, she occasionally feels like she has a “racing heartbeat,” and she is losing her appetite. She emphasizes that she is not hungry like she used to be. The only significant change that has occurred lately in her life is that her 87-year-old mother moved into her home a few years ago. Mom had always been healthy, but she fell down a flight of stairs and broke her hip. Her recovery was a difficult one, as she has lost a lot of mobility and independence and needs to rely on her daughter for assistance with activities of daily living. Martha says it is not the retirement she dreamed about, but she is an only child and is happy to care for her mother. Mom wakes up early in the morning, likes to bathe every day, and has always eaten 5 small meals daily. Martha has to put a lot of time into caring for her mother, so it is almost a “blessing” that Martha is sleeping and eating less. She is worried about her own health though and wants to know why, at her age, she suddenly needs less sleep.
• Review the three scenarios, as well as Chapter 6 in the Huether and McCance text.
• Identify the pathophysiology of the disorders presented in each of the three scenarios, including their associated alterations. Consider the adaptive responses to the alterations.
• Review the examples of “Mind Maps—Dementia, Endocarditis, and Gastro-oesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)” media in this week’s Learning Resources. Identify the disorder from the scenario. Use the examples in the media as a guide to construct a mind map for the disorder. Consider the epidemiology, pathophysiology, risk factors, clinical presentation, and diagnosis of the disorder, as well as any adaptive responses to alterations
• Below is the mind map link; it is a straight forward tool. Just click on it and it should take you directly to create a disease process.
• Review the Application Assignment Rubric found under Course Information
THE ASSIGNMENT QUESTION: (PLS INCLUDE SUBTITLES) THANKS
Write a 2- to 3-page paper on excluding the title page, reference page and Mind Map that addresses the following:
• For the above mentioned scenario, explain the pathophysiology, associated alterations and the patients’ adaptive responses to the alterations caused by the disease processes
• Construct one mind map on the disorder (STRESS DISORDER) presented in the scenario.
• Your Mind Map must include the epidemiology, pathophysiology, risk factors, clinical presentation, and diagnosis of the disorder, as well as any adaptive responses to alterations. MIND MAP LINK:
Integrates 2 or more credible outside sources, in addition to 2-3 course resources to suppport point of view.
ASSIGNMENT GRADING RUBRIC:
• A clear and comprehensive purpose statement is provided which delineates all required criteria.
• Demonstrates the ability to critically appraise and intellectually explore key concepts.
• Demonstrates and applies exceptional support of major points and integrates 2 or more credible outside sources, in addition to 2-3 course resources to suppport point of view.
• Applies meaning to the field of advanced nursing practice.
• Synthesize (combines various components or different ideas into a new whole) material in course resources (i.e. video, required readings, textbook) and outside, credible resources by comparing different points of view and highlighting similarities, differences, and connections.
• Written Expression and Formatting – Paragraph Development and Organization:
• Paragraphs make clear points that support well developed ideas, flow logically, and demonstrate continuity of ideas.
• Sentences are carefully focused–neither long and rambling nor short and lacking substance with no errors.
• Correct grammar, mechanics, and proper punctuation
• The paper follows correct APA format for title page, headings, font, spacing, margins, indentations, page numbers, running head, parenthetical/in-text citations, and reference list.
Are you looking for custom essay writing service or even dissertation writing services? Just request for our write my paper service, and we\'ll match you with the best essay writer in your subject! With an exceptional team of professional academic experts in a wide range of subjects, we can guarantee you an unrivaled quality of custom-written papers.
Why Hire Collepals.com writers to do your paper?
Quality- We are experienced and have access to ample research materials.
We write plagiarism Free Content
Confidential- We never share or sell your personal information to third parties.
Support-Chat with us today! We are always waiting to answer all your questions.