The book review should consist of three parts. First, write one or two persuasive paragraphs arguing why you believe this book stands out among the list and should be read by students of international relations. Second, summarize the main argument of the book. Make sure to explain how the author’s main idea is developed from the assumption he/she makes. Try your best to capture the primary causal mechanism the theorist provides. Third, provide your critique of the book. Emphasize key contributions of the book to the IR literature, and identify the weakness of its argument as well.
Students who want to submit the book review should select a book from the below list. You may use different editions of the book.
- Edward Hallett Carr, The Twenty Years’ Crisis, 1919-1939: An Introduction to the Study of International Relations(London: Macmillan & Co.,  1941).
- Hans J. Morgenthau, Politics among Nations: The Struggle for Power and Peace (New York: Knopf  1973).
- Robert Jervis, Perception and Misperception in International Politics (Princeton: Princeton University Press, 1976)
- Hedley Bull, The Anarchical Society: a Study of Order in World Politics (London: Macmillan, 1977)
- Robert O. Keohane and Joseph S. Nye, Power and Interdependence (New York: HarperCollins,  1989).
- Kenneth N. Waltz, Theory of International Politics (Boston: McGraw-Hill, 1979).
- Robert O. Keohane, After Hegemony: Cooperation and Discord in the World Political Economy (Princeton: Princeton University Press, 1984).
- Nicholas Greenwood Onuf, World of Our Making: Rules and Rule in Social Theory and International Relations (New York: Routledge,  2013)
- Alexander Wendt, Social Theory of International Politics (Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 1999)
- John J. Mearsheimer, The Tragedy of Great Power Politics (New York: Norton, 2001)
The format for the paper is as follows;
- Page size: Letter
- Font: Times New Roman
- Size: 12 points
- Margins: Normal (2.54cm or 1 inch on each margin)
- Line Spacing: 2.0 (double-spaced)
- Page number at the bottom of the page, centered
- Failure to cite any materials used will result in an automatic zero for the assignment. Use the Chicago manual “author-date system.” You should use in-text citation and add an additional reference page. For a guide to this citation style, visit The Chicago Manual of Style Online (Links to an external site.).
- Word Limit: 1,600 words (minimum 1,000 words)
Are you looking for custom essay writing service or even dissertation writing services? Just request for our write my paper service, and we\'ll match you with the best essay writer in your subject! With an exceptional team of professional academic experts in a wide range of subjects, we can guarantee you an unrivaled quality of custom-written papers.
Why Hire Collepals.com writers to do your paper?
Quality- We are experienced and have access to ample research materials.
We write plagiarism Free Content
Confidential- We never share or sell your personal information to third parties.
Support-Chat with us today! We are always waiting to answer all your questions.