- Compare aerobic respiration, anaerobic respiration, and fermentation. How are the processes similar? How are they different? How do these processes determine which environment the organism can live in?
[Key terms to use in answer: electron transport chain, cytochrome, ATP, glucose, glycolysis, obligate aerobe, facultative anaerobe, microaerophile, obligate anaerobe, oxidase, catalase, peroxidase, CO 2, organic acids and alcohols, alternative substrates (other than glucose).
- Using your knowledge of DNA recombination events to complete the following:
- Propose two ways in which antibiotic resistance may develop in a bacterium
- Describe how bacterial cells acquire the ability to produce toxins
(Use the following terminology in your answer: recombination, DNA, horizontal gene transfer, conjugation, transformation, transduction, pilus, F factor, transposable elements, transposons, pathogenicity islands).
- Discuss how a pathogen causes an infection. Include definitions for the primary pathogen, opportunistic pathogen, infection, disease (caused by a living organism), and various stages of pathogenesis. You can choose a specific organism to describe (like Orthomyxovirus and Influenza) or discuss a generalized infection.
Describe each type of infection in the following list and include the mode of transmission in each scenario. Use terms such as primary, secondary, healthcare-associated, STI, mixed, latent, toxemia, chronic, zoonotic, asymptomatic, local, and systemic to describe the types of infections (more than one term may apply, some may not apply to these conditions)
1) The development of Pneumocystis is pneumonia in an AIDS patient
3) Hantavirus pulmonary syndrome infection acquired while vacationing in a log cabin
Are you looking for custom essay writing service or even dissertation writing services? Just request for our write my paper service, and we\'ll match you with the best essay writer in your subject! With an exceptional team of professional academic experts in a wide range of subjects, we can guarantee you an unrivaled quality of custom-written papers.
Why Hire Collepals.com writers to do your paper?
Quality- We are experienced and have access to ample research materials.
We write plagiarism Free Content
Confidential- We never share or sell your personal information to third parties.
Support-Chat with us today! We are always waiting to answer all your questions.