****PLEASE NO PLAGIARISM, READ ASSIGNMENT DETAILS**** Write 750-1,500 words that respond to the following:
A risk management plan is “a component of the project, program, or portfolio management plan describes how risk management activities will be structured and performed.” For the purposes of this class, the risk management plan will contain the potential risk events that could impact a project, risk analysis results, risk response plans, and the methods of monitoring risks.
The definition above is taken from the Glossary of Project Management Institute, A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge, (PMBOK® Guide) – Sixth Edition, Project Management Institute Inc., 2017.
Risks are events that can impact a project; by focusing on these potential events, project managers and other stakeholders can reduce the impact of these events on the project. For example, a risk for a hardware replacement project could be that the technology may change prior to completion of the project. One way to reduce the impact is to have contract terms with the hardware vendor to obtain the newest hardware.
By completing the project risk management plan in class, you will be able to understand methods of identifying risks, performing risk analyses, determining risk responses, and monitoring risks.
For this assignment, you will develop a risk management plan based on a project of your choosing.
Some examples of projects include the following:
- Replacing computers in an office building
- Improving a claims process
- Developing a marketing strategy
- Building a bridge
- Taking inventory in a warehouse
- Creating a new software program for a bank
You can get ideas for projects based on your experiences. For example, if you have a marketing background, the development of a marketing strategy may be a good choice. If you have experience in software, the development of software for a company could be an option.
You can also view sample projects from one of the following Web sites:
Note: You will use this project for the duration of this course.
Click here to download a Word template for your project, or use the following shell to create your risk management plan:
- Risk Management Strategy and Plan Document Shell
- Use Microsoft Word
- Title Page
- Course number and name
- Project name
- Student name
- Table of Contents
- Use autogenerated TOC
- Separate page
- Maximum of 3 levels deep
- Be sure to update the fields of the TOC so it is up-to-date before each submission.
- Section Headings (create each heading on a new page with TBD as content except for the sections you are working on each week)
- Project Outline
- Risk Management Justification
- Project Risk Identification
- Project Risk Analyses
- Project Risk Response Strategy
- Project Risk Monitoring
- Project Risk Communications Plan
- Create the document shell using the given template or the criteria above. The section headings should be centered and should each begin at the top of a new page.
- Page 1 – Title Page
- Page 2 – Table of Contents
- Page 3 – Project Outline
- Page 4 – Project Risk Identification
- Page 5 – Project Risk Analyses
- Page 6 – Project Risk Response Strategy
- Page 7 – Project Risk Monitoring
- Page 8 – Project Risk Communications Plan
- Page 9 – References
- This week, you will complete the Project Outline section. This is the overview of your project to include the project deliverable. You must include the following in this section:
- Describe your project and the project deliverable
- Identify the method for your project: agile or waterfall. Discuss why you chose this method. You will need to explain that again for your Sponsor in a memo in Unit 5.
- Discuss the overall risk management strategy for your project
- Describe the high levels of risk categories you believe risk events may occur in, such as technological, vendor, customer, employees, government, weather, and so on.
- Complete the Project Risk Identification section.
- List at least 5 risks for your project. These risks can be in categories such as weather, finances, resources, government oversight, unions, technology, and other areas.
- NOTE: Be sure to include the pages with only section headings and TBD as the content that will be completed in later units
Please submit your assignment. For assistance with your assignment, please use your text, Web resources, and all course materials, including the Project Management Center: https://careered.libguides.com/ctu/projectmanagement
Alexander, M. (2015, December 30). 6 strategic projects any business can implement in 2016. CIO. Retrieved from http://www.cio.com/article/3017781/project-management/6-strategic-projects-any-business-can-implement-in-2016.html
Project Management Institute (2017). Project management body of knowledge (PMBOK® Guide) – Sixth Edition, Project Management Institute Inc., 2017.
Rutgers. (2017). Sample projects. Retrieved from http://www.business.rutgers.edu/mba-team-consulting/samples
Are you looking for custom essay writing service or even dissertation writing services? Just request for our write my paper service, and we\'ll match you with the best essay writer in your subject! With an exceptional team of professional academic experts in a wide range of subjects, we can guarantee you an unrivaled quality of custom-written papers.
Why Hire Collepals.com writers to do your paper?
Quality- We are experienced and have access to ample research materials.
We write plagiarism Free Content
Confidential- We never share or sell your personal information to third parties.
Support-Chat with us today! We are always waiting to answer all your questions.