- Chapter 17 Class Participation
Respond to the following. This assignment is worth 5 points. Make sure that you use complete sentences, college-level grammar and that you have completely thought about your response.
- Type the statement's below and select T for true or F for false after the statements about centenarians.
- “The older you get, the sicker you get.” T/F
- Centenarians are able to cope effectively with stress. T/F
- Approximately 72 genes differentiate centenarians from non-centenarian. T/F
- Most centenarians eventually develop Alzheimer disease. T/F
- Some centenarians are obese and smoke as a habit. T/F
- Japanese centenarians are more likely to talk about children and family than American centenarians. T/F
- The personality trait of conscientiousness is related to stress and shorter life expectancy. T/F
- What is a telomere and how does it relate to the cellular clock theory of aging?
- List three findings from the Nun Study.
- As you study, you are improving your cognitive ___________________ (mechanics, pragmatics.)
- What neurobiological changes are responsible for the reduction in executive function in late adulthood?
- When did the concept of retirement first develop? What is the average age of retirement for men and women?
- What are some of the characteristics of the brains of Alzheimer’s patients?
- Why do individuals in late adulthood focus more on emotional satisfaction than on the pursuit of knowledge?
- Jake is 80 years of age and is experiencing ageism? What might be happening to Jake? Be original.
- Would you recommend that a person in late adulthood use a computer? What advantages have been revealed by research? Give at least four examples.
- Compare the definitions of death in the 20th century and the 21st century.
- Nancy has been informed that she has less than a year to live. She seeks a second and third opinion and then flies to South America to receive an exotic treatment. Which stage of Elizabeth Kubler-Ross’ stage model is Nancy evidencing?
- Should children between 3 and 5 years of age be spoken to about death or should it be an unmentionable subject? How should death be addressed?
- What is hospice and how does it differ from other medical approaches? What is palliative care?
Are you looking for custom essay writing service or even dissertation writing services? Just request for our write my paper service, and we\'ll match you with the best essay writer in your subject! With an exceptional team of professional academic experts in a wide range of subjects, we can guarantee you an unrivaled quality of custom-written papers.
Why Hire Collepals.com writers to do your paper?
Quality- We are experienced and have access to ample research materials.
We write plagiarism Free Content
Confidential- We never share or sell your personal information to third parties.
Support-Chat with us today! We are always waiting to answer all your questions.