. Red blood cells have a tough job, circulating through our bodies rapidly to transport oxygen and carbon dioxide. Because of their job, they are worn out quickly, yet we need healthy functional red blood cells all the time. How does our body accommodate that need? (1/2 pts)
2. Put these stages of the cell cycle in order, starting with a newly formed daughter cell: G1, G2, cytokinesis, mitosis, S phase. Write a brief description of each stage. (1 pt)
3. What would be the consequences to a cell if that cell were unable to form a mitotic spindle? (1/2 pts)
4. Why would a chromosome condense during mitosis? Why would it decondense following mitosis? (1/2 pts)
5. Put the stages of cell division in the correct order. Provide a brief description of each stage. (1 pt)
6. Define apoptosis. Why is apoptosis important? (1/2 pts)
7. Answer the following questions about the cell cycle checkpoints: (2 pts) a. In the cell cycle, where are the three checkpoints?
b. What does each checkpoint ?check? for?
c. What is the overall purpose of the cell cycle checkpoints?
d. What happens when a cell no longer responds to these checkpoints?
8. Where do cancer cells differ in their cell cycle from normal cells? (1/2 pts)
9. Most adults survive chemotherapy, but unborn children frequently do not. Why do you think that is? Specifically, what is the difference between an adult and an unborn child that would account for this difference? (1/2 pts)
Are you looking for custom essay writing service or even dissertation writing services? Just request for our write my paper service, and we\'ll match you with the best essay writer in your subject! With an exceptional team of professional academic experts in a wide range of subjects, we can guarantee you an unrivaled quality of custom-written papers.
Why Hire Collepals.com writers to do your paper?
Quality- We are experienced and have access to ample research materials.
We write plagiarism Free Content
Confidential- We never share or sell your personal information to third parties.
Support-Chat with us today! We are always waiting to answer all your questions.