Part A. SPSS Assignment
In this exercise, you are playing the role of a researcher that is testing new medication designed to improve cholesterol levels. When examining cholesterol in clinical settings, we look at two numbers: low-density lipoprotein (LDL) and high-density lipoprotein (HDL). You may have heard these called ?good? (HDL) and ?bad? (LDL) cholesterol. For LDL, lower numbers are better (below 100 is considered optimal). For HDL, 60 or higher is optimal.
In this experiment, you will be testing three different versions of the new medication. In data file ?Activity 8.sav? you will find the following variables: group (0=control, 1=Drug A, 2=Drug B, 3=Drug C), LDL, and HDL (cholesterol numbers of participants after 12 weeks).
Using a MANOVA, try to ascertain which version of the drug (A, B or C) shows the most promise. Perform the following analyses and paste the SPSS output into your Word document.
1. Exploratory Data Analysis.
1. Perform exploratory data analysis on the relevant variables in the dataset. When possible, include appropriate graphs to help illustrate the dataset.
2. Compose a one to two paragraph write up of the data.
3. Create an APA style table that presents descriptive statistics for the sample.
2. Perform a MANOVA. Using the ?Activity 8.sav? data set, perform a MANOVA. ?Group? is your fixed factor and LDL and HDL are your dependent variables. Be sure to include simple contrasts to distinguish between the drugs (group variable). In the same analysis, include descriptive statistics and parameter estimates. Finally, be certain to inform SPSS that you want a post-hoc test to help you determine which drug works best.
1. Is there any statistically significant difference in how the drugs perform? If so, explain the effect. Use the post hoc tests as needed.
2. Write up the results using APA style and interpret them.
Part B. Reflection
Reflect on your experience throughout the course and how you will use your new statistical skill set in the dissertation phase of your degree program. Include a brief assessment of what you have learned. In 2-3 paragraphs, cover the following:
1. What were the three most important concepts you learned?
2. How will the material in this course help you in your dissertation work?
3. What would you like to have seen covered that wasn?t or what would you have liked more practice with?
Are you looking for custom essay writing service or even dissertation writing services? Just request for our write my paper service, and we\'ll match you with the best essay writer in your subject! With an exceptional team of professional academic experts in a wide range of subjects, we can guarantee you an unrivaled quality of custom-written papers.
Why Hire Collepals.com writers to do your paper?
Quality- We are experienced and have access to ample research materials.
We write plagiarism Free Content
Confidential- We never share or sell your personal information to third parties.
Support-Chat with us today! We are always waiting to answer all your questions.