THE ASSIGNMENT TO BE COMPLETED (Pls provide subtitles)
• What other diagnostic tests would be appropriate for this case, and how would the results be used to make a diagnosis? Include any pertinent labs, x-rays, or diagnostic test that would be appropriate to support the differential diagnoses mentioned.
• List five possible conditions that may be considered as a differential diagnosis for this patient. Your primary or presumptive diagnosis should be at the top of the list.
• Explain your reasoning using at least four different references from current evidence-based literature within the last 5 years. (1 or 2 from learning resources and 2 or 3 from other credible sources).
• Review this week’s Learning Resources and the Advanced Health Assessment and Diagnostic Reasoning media program and consider the insights they provide related to heart, lungs, and peripheral vascular system.
• Review the Case Study on Chest Pain to complete the assignment (SEE BELOW)
Focused Exam: Chest Pain Results | Turned In
Advanced Health Assessment – Chamberlain, NR509-April-2018
Return to Assignment
Document: Vitals Document: Provider Notes
Document: Provider Notes
Patient information Brian Foster date of birth August
17th, a 58 year old Caucasian male
CC: mr. Foster States” I have been having some
troubling chest pain in my chest now and then for
the past month.”
b/p (L) ARM 146/88 mmhg
(R) arm 146/90 mmhg
HR 109 BPM
O2 Sat 98% RA
Temp: 36.7 C (98 F)
Onset of chest pain one month ago, lasting ” few
min” pt states, “thought it may be heart burn”
reports Tight and uncomfortable right in the middle
of the chest. Denies any pain radiating denies any
arm pain shoulder pain back pain or neck pain. Pain
only last a few minutes. An uncomfortable feeling
that lasts a few minutes reporting 3 episodes in the
past month and all feels the same. Pain currently a
zero when having chest pain is 5 out of 10 on pain
scale. Patient describes pain as tight and
uncomfortable. Patient denies crushing or burning
pain to the chest. Laying down seems to alleviate
the pain with a brief rest. Not taking any
medications for chest pain. Episodes of chest pain
started with physical activity while doing yard work
Pt. reports “I have been having some troubling
chest pain in my chest now and then for the past
month.” Experiencing periodic chest pain with
exertion such as yard work as well as with
overeating. Points to midsternum as location.
Describes pain as “tight and uncomfortable.”
Denies radiation. Pain lasts for “a few” minutes and
goes away when he rests. Most recent episode was
three days ago after eating a large restaurant dinner.
States “It has never gotten ‘really bad’” so didn’t
think it was an emergency, but is concerned after
three episodes in one month and wants his heart
checked out. Reports mild cramping in legs with
activity. Denies shortness of breath, indigestion,
heartburn. Denies chest pain at this time
Are you looking for custom essay writing service or even dissertation writing services? Just request for our write my paper service, and we\'ll match you with the best essay writer in your subject! With an exceptional team of professional academic experts in a wide range of subjects, we can guarantee you an unrivaled quality of custom-written papers.
Why Hire Collepals.com writers to do your paper?
Quality- We are experienced and have access to ample research materials.
We write plagiarism Free Content
Confidential- We never share or sell your personal information to third parties.
Support-Chat with us today! We are always waiting to answer all your questions.