Assignment 1: Case Study Assignment: Assessing Neurological Symptoms
Imagine not being able to form new memories. This is the reality patients with anterograde amnesia face. Although this form of amnesia is rare, it can result from severe brain trauma. Anterograde amnesia demonstrates just how impactful brain disorders can be to a patient’s quality of living. Accurately assessing neurological symptoms is a complex process that involves the analysis of many factors.
In this Case Study Assignment, you will consider case studies that describe abnormal findings in patients seen in a clinical settings
• You will be assigned to a specific case study for this Case Study Assignment.
• Review this week’s Learning Resources, and consider the insights they provide about the case study.
• Consider what history would be necessary to collect from the patient in the case study you were assigned.
• Consider what physical exams and diagnostic tests would be appropriate to gather more information about the patient’s condition. How would the results be used to make a diagnosis?
• Identify at least five possible conditions that may be considered in a differential diagnosis for the patient.
CASE STUDY 2: DROOPING OF FACE
A 33-year-old female comes to your clinic alarmed about sudden “drooping” on the right side of the face that began this morning. She complains of excessive tearing and drooling on her right side as well.
THE CASE STUDY ASSIGNMENT TO BE COMPLETED
• What history would be necessary to collect from the patient in the case study you were assigned.
• What physical exams and diagnostic tests would be appropriate to gather more information about the patient’s condition. How would the results be used to make a diagnosis?
• Provide evidence from the literature to support diagnostic tests that would be appropriate for each case.
• List five different possible conditions for the patient’s differential diagnosis, and justify with credible resourses why you selected each.
• The response clearly, accurately, and thoroughly follows the SOAP format to document the patient in the assigned case study.
• The response thoroughly and accurately provides detailed evidence from the literature to support diagnostic tests that would be appropriate for the patient in the assigned case study.
• The response lists five distinctly different and detailed possible conditions for a differential diagnosis of the patient in the assigned case study and provides a thorough, accurate, and detailed justification for each of the five conditions selected.
• Paragraphs and sentences follow writing standards for flow, continuity, and clarity.
• A clear and comprehensive purpose statement, introduction, and conclusion are provided that delineate all required criteria.
• Use correct grammar, spelling, and punctuation with no errors.
• Use correct APA format with no errors.
Are you looking for custom essay writing service or even dissertation writing services? Just request for our write my paper service, and we\'ll match you with the best essay writer in your subject! With an exceptional team of professional academic experts in a wide range of subjects, we can guarantee you an unrivaled quality of custom-written papers.
Why Hire Collepals.com writers to do your paper?
Quality- We are experienced and have access to ample research materials.
We write plagiarism Free Content
Confidential- We never share or sell your personal information to third parties.
Support-Chat with us today! We are always waiting to answer all your questions.