Assignment 1: Case Study Assignment: Assessment Tools and Diagnostic Tests in Adults
When seeking to identify a patient’s health condition, advanced practice nurses can use a diverse selection of diagnostic tests and assessment tools; however, different factors affect the validity and reliability of the results produced by these tests or tools. Nurses must be aware of these factors in order to select the most appropriate test or tool and to accurately interpret the results.
Not only do these diagnostic tests affect adults, body measurements can provide a general picture of whether a child is receiving adequate nutrition or is at risk for health issues. These data, however, are just one aspect to be considered. Lifestyle, family history, and culture—among other factors—are also relevant. That said, gathering and communicating this information can be a delicate process.
For this Assignment, you will consider the validity and reliability of different assessment tools and diagnostic tests. You will explore issues such as sensitivity, specificity, and positive and negative predictive values.
• Review this week’s Learning Resources and consider factors that impact the validity and reliability of fecal occult blood test in adults
• Search the Walden Library and credible sources for resources explaining the tool or test you were assigned (FECAL OCCULT BLOOD TEST) in adults
• What is its purpose, how is it conducted, and what information does it gather?
• Also, as you search the Walden library and credible sources, consider what the literature discusses regarding the validity, reliability, sensitivity, specificity, predictive values, ethical dilemmas, and controversies related to the test or tool.
THE ASSIGNMENT TO BE COMPLETED (PLEASE PROVIDE SUBTITLES)
In 3–4 pages, not including title and reference pages
Adult Assessment Tools or Diagnostic Tests: FECAL OCCULT BLOOD TEST Include the following:
• A description of how FECAL OCCULT BLOOD TEST is used in healthcare.
o What is its purpose?
o How is it conducted?
o What information does it gather?
• Based on your research, evaluate the test or the tool’s validity and reliability
• Explain any issues with sensitivity, reliability, and predictive values.
• Include references in appropriate APA formatting.
• Support your work by at least four current, credible sources within the last 5yrs (3 FROM ATTACHED LEARNING RESOURCES AND 1 or 2 FROM OUTSIDE CREDIBLE RESOURCES)
Are you looking for custom essay writing service or even dissertation writing services? Just request for our write my paper service, and we\'ll match you with the best essay writer in your subject! With an exceptional team of professional academic experts in a wide range of subjects, we can guarantee you an unrivaled quality of custom-written papers.
Why Hire Collepals.com writers to do your paper?
Quality- We are experienced and have access to ample research materials.
We write plagiarism Free Content
Confidential- We never share or sell your personal information to third parties.
Support-Chat with us today! We are always waiting to answer all your questions.