Apologetics Application Paper Instructions
Choose a non-Christian worldview (see page 2 of these instructions for the worldviews you may choose from). Write a paper that evaluates the worldview using the method described in the Groothuis text, that defends Christianity, and that demonstrates a working knowledge of the assigned course readings and accomplishes the following goals:
- Summarize the worldview by using the main categories of belief discussed in the assigned course reading (see Groothuis Chapter 4 for some of the main categories of belief: ultimate reality, source of authority, human beings, source of morality, etc.). This section of the paper must be approximately 600 words.
- Use Groothuiss criteria for evaluating worldviews (see Groothuis Chapter 3) in order to reveal the significant ways in which the selected worldview fails in providing a rational, livable, comprehensive system. This section of the paper must be 600-750 words.
- Evaluate Christianity by the same criteria. Show that Christianity is a better (both intellectually and existentially), more reasonable alternative to the worldview selected, and that Christianity is more likely to be true. By using the same evaluation criteria as given in the previous section, this will show that Christianity does not suffer from the same flaws as the worldview you evaluated. This section of the paper must be 600-750 words.
- Defend key aspects of the Christian worldview. The defense must take into consideration the beliefs and perspective of the worldview you have selected; and must demonstrate a good working knowledge of the standard arguments as presented in the course materials. This section must include significant discussion on at least 2 of the following subjects: the problem of evil, several arguments for the existence of God, defense of the resurrection of Jesus, defense of objective truth and/or moral values. This section of the paper must be 750-1000 words.
These four requirements will form the basis of the structure of your paper and must be treated as four separate sections in the body of the paper. In addition to these requirements, the paper must have a proper introduction, conclusion, and follow the structure of a standard academic essay. The introduction must include a clear thesis statementa main claim about the worldview that provides unity to the overall presentation. Including both the introduction and conclusion but not the title and bibliography pages, the total length of the paper must be 2800 3300 words (including the main text only, not footnotes, front matter, or the bibliography).
Given these instructions, the basic outline for your paper should be as follows:
II. Summary of the Worldview
III. Evaluation of the Worldview
IV. Evaluation of Christianity
V. Defense of Christianity
Instructions continued next page
Worldview Choices – Choose one of these three worldviews to write about in this paper:
- Scientific Naturalism
- Secular Humanism
Outside Research (Required)
Course textbooks may be used. In addition to these, at least 10 high-quality, scholarly sources must be used. A scholarly source is one that is published in print by an academic publisher, university, or scholarly society. Academic journal articles and books are acceptable sources. Many scholarly sources are available in both hard-copy printed format and electronic form through the Jerry Falwell Library. Articles appearing on scholarly websites published and maintained by universities or scholarly societies (such as the Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy) may be used, but generic websites (such as bible.org, CARM.org, Wikipedia, personal websites, blogs, etc.) must not be used. While less than ideal, it is permissible to use a few websites that contain articles written by people who hold to the worldview you are writing about, even if these websites do not strictly fall into the definition of scholarly.
Given the nature of the assignment, you must consult and use several sources written from a perspective that defends the worldview of your selected target audience. Liberty Universitys online research tools can be used, which will provide full-text electronic copies of print sources.
This assignment will be completed in 3 parts:
- Parts 1 and 2 are designed to help you develop the building blocks of what will become your final paper. Both Parts 1 and 2 will be submitted on the submission forms provided in Blackboard. Each submission form indicates the instructions and requirements for that part of the assignment and the submission froms must remain unchanged with the exception of the required content that you type on the form. Attempted submissions that do not use the provided submission form will not be accepted for credit. Each of these parts is designed to help you write a final paper that meets the requirements stated in these instructions. For each part, you must download the form and save it on your computer with a new file name using your last name and the assignment name. Then, type your content directly on the form (without making any other changes to the form) and submit the form in Blackboard using the links provided.
- The final paper must conform to the requirements named above. All aspects of the final paper must follow current Turabian format and the current version of the School of Divinity Writing Guide.
Submit the Apologetics Application Paper Part 1 by 11:59 p.m. (ET) on Sunday of Module/Week 3.
Submit the Apologetics Application Paper Part 2 by 11:59 p.m. (ET) on Sunday of Module/Week 5.
Submit the Apologetics Application Paper Final by 11:59 p.m. (ET) on Friday of
Are you looking for custom essay writing service or even dissertation writing services? Just request for our write my paper service, and we'll match you with the best essay writer in your subject! With an exceptional team of professional academic experts in a wide range of subjects, we can guarantee you an unrivaled quality of custom-written papers.
Why Hire Collepals.com writers to do your paper?
Quality- We are experienced and have access to ample research materials.
We write plagiarism Free Content
Confidential- We never share or sell your personal information to third parties.
Support-Chat with us today! We are always waiting to answer all your questions.