Part I The Weatherman Is Not a Moron
Read the following New York Times article “The Weatherman Is Not a Moron”:
Answer the following questions with 3-4 sentences each, and submit on canvas:
1. Why do you think we are able to predict weather better than other things like economics, politics, or sports?
2. We are now in an era of “big data.” What does this mean and how does it help us forecast the weather?
3. How has weather prediction changed from the 19th to the 20th to the 21st century?
4. Why is the predictability of weather limited? (It is impossible to ever be able to perfectly predict the weather.)
5. What are some of the challenges of dispensing weather forecasts to the general public?
Part II Forecasting Methods
Take a look at this page that reviews some of the different forecasting methods for weather:
Answer the following questions:
6. Which method do you think results in the most accurate forecast and WHY?
7. Do you think it is harder to forecast the weather in Utah than it is in southern California? Why or why not?
Take a look at this page that shows NWP information from the North American Mesoscale (NAM) model:
8. Describe two (2) reasons you think that it is hard to use a model like the NAM if you do not have extensive training in meteorology.
Are you looking for custom essay writing service or even dissertation writing services? Just request for our write my paper service, and we'll match you with the best essay writer in your subject! With an exceptional team of professional academic experts in a wide range of subjects, we can guarantee you an unrivaled quality of custom-written papers.
Why Hire Collepals.com writers to do your paper?
Quality- We are experienced and have access to ample research materials.
We write plagiarism Free Content
Confidential- We never share or sell your personal information to third parties.
Support-Chat with us today! We are always waiting to answer all your questions.