1. What is the paradox that Reber and Slingerland are interested in? What is wuwei?
2. Read through book IV of the Analects. Fun, right? Find three passages that discuss (or hint at) wuwei. What passages are they (just write the numbers)? For each passage, describe the point it is making about wuwei.
3. According to the article, how can we try to not try (in other words, how can we put effort into acting effortlessly)? Give an example of this in your life.
4. According to the article, how can you love what you do not already love? Give an example of this in your life.
5. According to the article, how can you be virtuous without wanting to be virtuous? Give an example of this in your life.
6. What do you think? Is it better for right action to be automatic or effortless (like Aristotle and Confucius)? Or for right action to be intentional and conscious (Like Kant and, in some sense, the Utilitarians)?
7. How is it possible that Confucius, writing over 2,500 years ago, was able to discover truths about human nature and human psychology that modern science is just beginning to understand. What does this tell you about the importance of philosophy?
Are you looking for custom essay writing service or even dissertation writing services? Just request for our write my paper service, and we'll match you with the best essay writer in your subject! With an exceptional team of professional academic experts in a wide range of subjects, we can guarantee you an unrivaled quality of custom-written papers.
Why Hire Collepals.com writers to do your paper?
Quality- We are experienced and have access to ample research materials.
We write plagiarism Free Content
Confidential- We never share or sell your personal information to third parties.
Support-Chat with us today! We are always waiting to answer all your questions.