You, the managerial accountant, are asked by the CFO (Mr. Smith) of WilsonWest Manufacturing (a new company) to set up a product costing system. The following are the types of expenses that will be included:
- Direct labor
- Direct materials
- Insurance on the equipment
- Rent on the plant
- Administrative salaries
- Rent for the office
In a memo format, explain to Mr. Smith and the president what will be included in product costing.
- Explain what is involved in a product costing system.
- Explain why WilsonWest Manufacturing needs to have a product costing system.
- Allocate the above expenses as fixed, mixed, or variable expenses.
- Prepare calculations for the following, and explain your computations:
- Variable cost: The unit rate is $0.25, and the actual hours used for manufacturing are 15,000.
- Mixed cost: The unit rate is $0.25, actual hours are 10,000, and the fixed cost is $5,000 per month.
- Total cost: Use your calculations from above.
- Explain this to Mr. Smith who will prepare these calculations on a monthly basis.
Are you looking for custom essay writing service or even dissertation writing services? Just request for our write my paper service, and we'll match you with the best essay writer in your subject! With an exceptional team of professional academic experts in a wide range of subjects, we can guarantee you an unrivaled quality of custom-written papers.
Why Hire Collepals.com writers to do your paper?
Quality- We are experienced and have access to ample research materials.
We write plagiarism Free Content
Confidential- We never share or sell your personal information to third parties.
Support-Chat with us today! We are always waiting to answer all your questions.